MozArchiver bug: saving data to local\temp? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ltcomdata
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

MozArchiver bug: saving data to local\temp?

Unread post by ltcomdata » 2022-05-15, 03:16

Hello:

It appears that MozArchiver is creating a temporary folder in local\temp that starts with "maftemp".
If this folder is deleted, the "archived" webpage becomes a blank page.
This seems to be the case whether the webpage is saved as an mht or a maff file.
It does appear that the actual resources are in the archive (at least for maff files), so I am not sure why an "archived" page stops working without the temp folder.

Thanks!

Update: After a while --- I do not know what the triggering action is --- the temporary folder that starts with "maftemp" gets re-created in the local\temp directory, and the archived webpage returns to normal.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: MozArchiver bug: saving data to local\temp?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-05-15, 07:52

It likely needs a working directory for temporary files to be able to render/archive the page.
Why are you deleting this in the first place instead of just letting it do its thing?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ltcomdata
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by ltcomdata » 2022-05-15, 14:24

Moonchild wrote:
2022-05-15, 07:52
Why are you deleting this in the first place instead of just letting it do its thing?
I was testing whether MozArchiver really is a viable solution to saving some pages (as an alternative to Print Edit, in my case) that is independent of my current computer. At some point I will have to change computers, while retaining files in my Documents folder (but not necessarily any in the Temp folder).

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2022-05-15, 15:15

@ltcomdata

Be aware that MAFF (basically a zipped HTML) is not a native format browsers can open/render as long as they don't have the respective extension installed. HTM-files (which is a Microsoft format) can be opened/rendered natively only in Internet Explorer and probably Edge too.
In order to view MAFF files without the need of any dependency/extension you'll have to rename the file-extension to ZIP and then extract the HTML.