TUP is borked does TMP still work correctly?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

TUP is borked does TMP still work correctly?

Unread post by billmcct » 2022-05-11, 22:26

Well, I can say v31 only broke 5 of my add-ons, instead of the 40+ on v30, and these 5 were easily fixed with a bump of the Max version to (32.*) in the install.rdf files. All work correctly except "Tab Utilities Phoenix" which will no longer honor the "Min - Max tab widths" set in the options. In v30 everything about"TUP" was broken. I assume all other add-ons will work correctly. As yet no problems seen.
Was something changed in PMs tab handling?

Also, as yet I have not had to set the 30+ "useragent overrides" that I had to set in v30 in order to browse the Net.

Also had to bump the Max version in my theme.

I can live with "TUPs" problems and wonder if "Tab Mix Plus" is still broken with the v31 update.
Is anyone having problems with TMP? If not I may change to it.

Fixed these:
FireShot-0.98.95.3.xpi
github-wc-polyfill-1.2.19.xpi
LiveClick-Lunar-30.29.xpi
restart-manager-2.08.xpi
Tab Utilities Phoenix_2.1.xpi

So I Commend the developers who are left, after Tobin's demise,
(Thank God for that) :clap: :clap: :clap: , for all your hard work making this transition almost painless.
Cudos to all.

EDIT:
OK, I have just read the "Tab Mix Plus adds Close Tab button in PM 31.0.0" thread and since that has a fix and is not really a problem, I just need to know if anyone has any other problems with TMP. Since "@stux2000" hasn't fixed any issues in the last couple years for "TUP" I assume it would be a waste of time to post a problem on GitHub.

I have also found a problem in "Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar 1.4.17" however I just found a work around, by playing with moving bookmarks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: TUP is borked does TMP still work correctly?

Unread post by back2themoon » 2022-05-11, 22:50

billmcct wrote:
2022-05-11, 22:26
All work correctly except "Tab Utilities Phoenix" which will no longer honor the "Min - Max tab widths" set in the options.
These options work fine here, and there are no TUP issues for my use. This is both on a clean 31 profile, and a 29-to-31 upgrade (v30 skipped).

I remember though that TUP indeed did not work on v30, so if your profile went through v30 it's probably time to clean it up.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2022-05-12, 12:21

I have always backed up my profile before an install so after the v30 I downgraded and replaced the profile. I will have to find time to try a new profile, maybe after work today. Thanks for the info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2022-05-12, 20:55

Ok, started PM with a new profile, installed TUP and it worked fine. Restarted PM with my main profile backed up the TUP settings and uninstalled TUP and according to "Clean Uninstall" (Which I recommend everyone use) it deleted 128 preferences from "prefs.js". Reinstalled TUP imported the settings and all is once again working correctly.

caa:addon/clean-uninstall
Tommy Lasorda