Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar Plus

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Bigo2
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar Plus

Unread post by Bigo2 » 2022-01-22, 06:36

I put this in General Discussion but now I realized that it rather belong here:
Please, please help me!
Today (2022-01-22) I updated my Pale Moon form the version 28.9.3 (64) to 29.4.4...
At the beginning everything seemed to be OK, however, soon I relaized one of my most handy odd-ons - the Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar Plus stopped working since it became incompatible (I wonder why if other add-ons work) but anyway:
PLEASE help me somebody I cannot find anything among the add-ons which would replace it - what can I do to get it working?
There is actually one more add-on which stopped working - the Thumbnail Zoom Plus. This add-on automatically zooms a picture on a page when you put the cursor on it, e.g. those small listing pictures like Google images, eBay or YouTube listings etc.

Thank you for any advice

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar Plus

Unread post by gepus » 2022-01-22, 08:28

Bigo2 wrote:
2022-01-22, 06:36
(I wonder why if other add-ons work)
From the Release notes:

v29.2.0 (2021-04-27)
Removed the ability to accept Firefox IDs for extension installation.

It might be the reason. Can't tell for sure since I don't use those extensions.
You can find hints on the forum how to fix the issue.

However the above change will be reverted in the near future.

Bigo2
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Bigo2 » 2022-01-22, 08:54

Thanks gepus for you answer.
However, it is not clear what do you mean with the "above change will be reverted in the near future". What change? Do you mean reverting from the removal of the support for the legacy Firefox extensions which was implemented in v 29.2.0?
That would be great - that was what the Pale Moon was about in the first place, otherwise people could have stayed with the FIREFOX...

I continued googling and have found the page https://www.ghacks.net/2021/04/28/pale- ... ot-ported/
and from there I proceeded to https://github.com/JustOff/moon-tester-tool/releases
and form there I downloaded and installed the moon-tester-tool-2.1.4.xpi which allowed me to install those incompatible add-ons and they started to work as before...
Thanks
Regards :thumbup:

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-01-22, 09:30

Bigo2 wrote:
2022-01-22, 08:54
that was what the Pale Moon was about in the first place, otherwise people could have stayed with the FIREFOX...
And how would staying with Firefox, which dumped XUL extension support in 2017, have helped them run those extensions?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX