RequestPolicy is available for Pale Moon

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

RequestPolicy is available for Pale Moon

Unread post by Mæstro » 2021-12-20, 19:00

Yesterday, I could find a beloved Pale Moon extension hiding in SeaMonkey’s repository: RequestPolicy. Version 0.5.32 here targets Pale Moon already; it works as intended without any hacking. Might I suggest that somebody capable add the extension to Pale Moon’s add-ons page under Privacy & Security as an external link like those to Fierr or µBlock?
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: RequestPolicy is available for Pale Moon

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-12-20, 19:24

Why would someone need to fork an already supported and in-development extension. Did you even think before posting this retardation?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-12-20, 20:08

Did you even read what they posted? Or are you just here to be toxic/angry/whatever it is you are doing now?

All they asked was for it to be listed on the add-ons site as an external. Not for someone to fork it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-12-20, 20:22

Yes I did. Externals are like any other submission that they are NOT added by us alone but by request from the developer. This moron wanted US to add an unaffiliated link without the developer being involved. Maybe you should learn the fuckin policies you allowed to be created. Or do you just wanna play everything so fast and loose it becomes the mess that JustOff and Riiis and other people out to destroy you want to happen?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-12-20, 20:39

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-12-20, 20:22
This moron wanted US to add an unaffiliated link without the developer being involved.
Well you could just answer the question and tell them no (and why) instead of throwing a fit at them about a policy they very likely don't (can't?) know about, and then blowing up in my direction as well for pointing that out, and pulling things into it that have no bearing whatsoever on it. :|
Off-topic:
If you want to talk about policies I allowed to be created, I think the "policy" of retaining you despite better judgement is one I shouldn't have allowed to be created. Ball is still in your court: are you going to calm the fuck down about Pale Moon, or do I have to tell you to fuck off and never come back, or what? I'm still waiting. And yeah, do get back to me on that in the right thread, not unrelated topics.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2021-12-20, 22:20

Thank you for informing me on the policy surrounding external links, Moonchild. I understand and respect this policy. I have written to suggest to Martin Kimmerle, the extension’s developer, that he submit his extension to you, linking the submission guide for his convenience. I shall leave this matter to those designated to handle it.
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.