Infinite Scolling -> Pages; is it possible?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

faithbuilders
Fanatic
Fanatic

Infinite Scolling -> Pages; is it possible?

Unread post by faithbuilders » 2021-10-21, 16:53

I hate infinite scrolling! Click on "see more" and it keeps going and going and ....... Used more memory, and after some time my computer just get really slow; but the thing I hate most is, I am going though I site of pictures, scrolling for 10 minutes, I bookmark it, come back later.... AND IT STARTS FROM THE TOP AGAIN! And I have to start all over, makes me not ever want to use those sites? I tried turning off Java, but the the "see more" button did not work at all! Grrrrr!

Firefox I used many years ago used to have an addon that turned infinite scrolling into pages. You click on the "see more" button and it takes you to the next page instead of scrolling. Much better, and easier to bookmark.

Does Pale Moon have anything like that? Or is there another way?

Thank you.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Infinite Scolling -> Pages; is it possible?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-10-21, 17:45

No and I don't know why people keep asking if there is X extension.. We have an Add-ons Site with categories and search.. If it ain't on there it likely doesn't exist for Pale Moon.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2021-10-22, 08:25

ISTR that there was one - I tried it and it didn't work.
Also, there are sites that insist on 'refreshing' every time so that they go back to the top of the page - damned nuisance!
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-10-22, 09:41

I don't think this is possible to begin with. "infinite loading" site will add more content via scripting which is at a fundamental level different than pagination. Even an extension would have a very tough time making this work in any sort of feasible way, especially if the scripting used is different per site per month.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2021-10-22, 19:10

Giraffe wrote:
2021-10-22, 08:25
ISTR that there was one - I tried it and it didn't work.
Also, there are sites that insist on 'refreshing' every time so that they go back to the top of the page - damned nuisance!
You can stop pages from reloading themselves every few minutes. I think this setting does that:
accessibility.blockautorefresh set to true

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2021-10-23, 08:11

Thank you! The site is
https://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-l ... cat8370001
for instance. Scrolling down, looking at an item then flicking back resulted in a Refreshing Your Selection notice, a few seconds wait then going to the top of the page. Changing the setting seems to have stopped that.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

faithbuilders
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by faithbuilders » 2021-10-23, 14:24

Well, I am glad my topic at least helped someone. :thumbup: