Has Lastpass Updated or Forked for PM 29.2.0 or Not yet?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

JCLOD

Has Lastpass Updated or Forked for PM 29.2.0 or Not yet?

Unread post by JCLOD » 2021-10-14, 21:17

Hello all, not sure if this is the RIGHT place to post this.....BUT it is related to Support, so......FYI, I still have PM 29.1.1.....
Does lastpass been updated or forked out in a diff. extension to work with PM versions 29.2.0 or better? or any significant workaround for it to work?

If not.....are there Any VERY similar extension or programs ?.....

I DO need 1 that works similarly as an extension, especially DIRECTLY logging into saved sites, WITHOUT having to have their exec. program open separately, then copying, pasting, etc......I checked out Bitwarden, but its no longer or not free.

I appreciate the answers in adv.

JC.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Has Lastpass Updated or Forked for PM 29.2.0 or Not yet?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-10-14, 22:03

Why do you ask questions that are easily answered in not much more time than it took you to register and post?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-10-14, 22:10

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2021-11-11, 20:45

JCLOD wrote:
2021-10-14, 21:17
Hello all, not sure if this is the RIGHT place to post this.....BUT it is related to Support, so......FYI, I still have PM 29.1.1.....
Does lastpass been updated or forked out in a diff. extension to work with PM versions 29.2.0 or better? or any significant workaround for it to work?

If not.....are there Any VERY similar extension or programs ?.....

I DO need 1 that works similarly as an extension, especially DIRECTLY logging into saved sites, WITHOUT having to have their exec. program open separately, then copying, pasting, etc......I checked out Bitwarden, but its no longer or not free.

I appreciate the answers in adv.

JC.
Check out the password manager KeePass, keepass.info. I've used it for more than 20 years. There are several add-ons for that program that do the 'auto login thing', but I don't use any of them and haven't tried any of them. Most probably they will only work with Edge, Chrome, or Safari (and/or variants of those browsers). You have to have the program running, and can use its' built in Auto-Type or its' Global Auto Type feature, which can be executed from the program itself, or activated by a hot key combination. You just have to make sure the first field (usually the username field) has focus. Copy/paste is available also, but Auto Type (or Global) will save you a few seconds.. One of the major reasons I find it better and more reliable than a password manager like lastpass, is that the password database file is local and not 'in the cloud'.

The programs author has a forum on SourceForge too and any questions that come up will be quickly answered, even the RTFM ones.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'