Copy a WebPage as OrgMode addon request

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

jirido

Copy a WebPage as OrgMode addon request

Unread post by jirido » 2021-10-12, 12:56

Hi I have just found OrgMode or actually OrgExtended in Sublime-Text. And I love it.

So while looking in to inter interoperability between OrgMode files and FreePlane I saw this nice looking addon.
https://github.com/kuanyui/copy-as-org-mode

It let you export a page to OrgMode file format. Wow!
That would be so handy. Best would be to have a full editor with export of course But already this..

So I thought that as PM is the best browser and is active at extending it's addon library, I should ask If someone with the mind/brains to manage it would like to convert this extension to PM.
I have no Idea if it is a complicated addon or not, but.. i think many that programers that used old FF and now use PM also might appreciate it being one of the ponnys in the stable.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Copy a WebPage as OrgMode addon request

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-10-12, 14:04

Good luck!

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Copy a WebPage as OrgMode addon request

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-10-12, 14:38

jirido wrote:
2021-10-12, 12:56
Best would be to have a full editor with export of course But already this..
Off-topic:
Well, Org Mode originated (and still is, with no plan to change) as an extension for GNU Emacs, so you definitely have an editor that can export Org files to more formats than you will ever need.
The opposite is almost never true because even though the syntax is very simple, it has a lot of features which some other platforms can hardly handle even if partially, and that really limits the uses of such conversion to only a handful of specific workflows.