google translate add on for palemoon?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

kalekale

google translate add on for palemoon?

Unread post by kalekale » 2021-06-22, 08:21

does not have to be google translate, is there a add-on/tool that can translate the whole page?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: google translate add on for palemoon?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-22, 09:41

Currently there is no add-on for Google Translate -- see also other threads about it.
You can just enter the URL in Google's translator website and it will switch to page translation mode.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2021-06-22, 10:53

GeoFlag (my port of FlagFox) has a Google Translate action in the default list, if that helps.

GAPOaltPOCA

Unread post by GAPOaltPOCA » 2021-07-02, 09:33

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-22, 09:41
Currently there is no add-on for Google Translate -- see also other threads about it.
You can just enter the URL in Google's translator website and it will switch to page translation mode.
This is inconvenient as sometime we only need to translate a specific word, a paragraph, a sentence or a phrase. Translate the whole page only cause more distraction. I think the Chrome extension Google Translate of Google themselves is the best. On FF, I use the Simple Translate extension which is almost a clone of the Google version. If you could sorted out a similar extension for PM, please do it.

Currently I select a word then search it on DuckDuckGo. Most of the time DDG will provide the meaning and spelling of it. It's about word translation (indeed a dictionary look up, isn't it?). There is no way to workaround paragraphs, sentences or phrases translation without copying them and paste to Google Translate website.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-02, 09:43

GAPOaltPOCA wrote:
2021-07-02, 09:33
If you could sorted out a similar extension for PM, please do it.
Why don't YOU do it? We're busy facilitating continued existence of classical applications and technologies as well as infrastructure all while trying to keep up in a race with mega-corperations or cartels there of bent on destroying the web as you have known it.. YOUR job is to make effective use of all we provide. It is the LEAST you can do.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2021-07-02, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

GAPOaltPOCA

Unread post by GAPOaltPOCA » 2021-07-02, 09:47

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-02, 09:43
GAPOaltPOCA wrote:
2021-07-02, 09:33
If you could sorted out a similar extension for PM, please do it.
Why don't YOU do it? We're busy facilitating continued existence of classical applications and technologies as well as infrastructure.. YOUR job is to make use of them.
Because I'm stupid :)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-02, 09:48

GAPOaltPOCA wrote:
2021-07-02, 09:47
Because I'm stupid :)
Then we can't help you. We are all the agents of our own salvation. If you can't be bothered then it is already too late.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-02, 13:37

I guess the bottom line is: if you're stupid you'll have to accept that some things will simply be inconvenient.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite