“Block Site” & “Password Exporter” add-ons for Pale Moon PORTABLE & Windows 7 STARTER

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Wait8

“Block Site” & “Password Exporter” add-ons for Pale Moon PORTABLE & Windows 7 STARTER

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-13, 12:08

My notebook computer is running Windows 7 STARTER.

I want my default web browser to be Pale Moon PORTABLE.

I use these two add-ons with my current, very old, version of Pale Moon:

Block Site 1.1.8.1-signed.1-signed:

When I right click anywhere on the screen, the displayed menu
has an option saying “Block This Site”. When I select this, the site
can never again display anything at all on my screen. And Block
Site also never displays any anything at all on my screen either.
It operates entirely un-seen.

Password exporter: 1.2.1.1-signed

Allows me to view, remove, import and export, all saved user
names and passwords

Neither of them is supported by the latest version of Pale Moon PORTABLE running on Windows 7 STARTER.

Does anyone know of add-ons with these functions that will work with the latest version of Pail Moon PORTABLE on Windows 7 STARTER? If not, which earlier versions of Pale Moon PORTABLE supported both of these add-ons, or equivalents?

Note: This post is about the combined use of Windows 7 STARTER and the Pale Moon PORTABLE software. Advice about other operating systems and browsers would be of no help whatsoever.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: “Block Site” & “Password Exporter” add-ons for Pale Moon PORTABLE & Windows 7 STARTER

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-13, 15:24

Do some basic research.

Wait8

Re: “Block Site” & “Password Exporter” add-ons for Pale Moon PORTABLE & Windows 7 STARTER

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-13, 18:49

Thank you for your reply.

This post is the first step in my research.

If it fails, I will download earlier versions of "Portable" in turn, starting with the earliest version, and test each one with copies of the add-ons that I use.

This could be a lengthy process.

I hope there is someone here who can help me.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-13, 20:09

Nevermind. Someone else can give you your answer on a silver platter.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2021-06-14, 02:17

I'll ask the obvious. Have you searched the Pale Moon add-ons site?

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-06-14, 06:25

Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-13, 12:08
Password exporter: 1.2.1.1-signed
I use Password Backup Tool.
It can be installed from this page.

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 07:16

Download failed because the add-on is incompatible.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-06-14, 07:37

Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 07:16
incompatible
It's compatible with Pale Moon 28 - 29 and installs fine for me by clicking on the .xpi shown in the screenshot:
pwbt-1.3.2.png

Wait8 wrote:
I use these two add-ons with my current, very old, version of Pale Moon
Just how old? What version of Pale Moon do you use?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-14, 13:04

Wait8 wrote:
Start by upgrading your browser to a current version.
Please take note of the proper upgrade path:
http://developer.palemoon.org/docs/profile-migration/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 17:09

ron_1 wrote:
2021-06-14, 02:17
I'll ask the obvious. Have you searched the Pale Moon add-ons site?

https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/
Yes

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 17:13

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-14, 13:04
Wait8 wrote:
???

I am trying to upgrade to Pale Moon Portable, and my add-ons will not work.

This is why I have never upgraded in the past, and why I started this thread.

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 17:19

Moonchild wrote:
Wait8 wrote:
???

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 17:22

coffeebreak wrote:
2021-06-14, 07:37
Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 07:16
incompatible
It's compatible with Pale Moon 28 - 29 and installs fine for me by clicking on the .xpi shown in the screenshot:
pwbt-1.3.2.png

Wait8 wrote:
I use these two add-ons with my current, very old, version of Pale Moon
Just how old? What version of Pale Moon do you use?
I don't no. May questions are about add-ons for the latest version of Pale Moon Portable

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 17:26

Moonchild wrote:
Wait8 wrote:
The upgraded browser doesn't support the add-ons that I use - hence this thread.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-06-14, 18:09

Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 17:22
I don't no. May questions are about add-ons for the latest version of Pale Moon Portable
The Password Backup Tool installs just fine in the latest Pale Moon, including the portable version.
And it should be able import your backup from Password Exporter, since it's a fork of that extension.

To check your version of Pale Moon, see Help -> About Pale Moon.
You'll see a panel with info, like this:
about-pm.png

Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 17:19

@Wait8, Respectfully, it's bass-ackwards to subordinate the browser to your extensions.
There have been boatloads of security updates and bug and web-compatibility fixes over time.

Please don't hold updating your browser hostage to those add-ons.
Start with a fresh, pristine portable version, then choose extensions.

Wait8

Unread post by Wait8 » 2021-06-14, 21:04

coffeebreak wrote:
2021-06-14, 18:09
Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 17:22
The Password Backup Tool installs just fine in the latest Pale Moon, including the portable version.
And it should be able import your backup from Password Exporter, since it's a fork of that extension.

To check your version of Pale Moon, see Help -> About Pale Moon.
You'll see a panel with info, like this:
about-pm.png

Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 17:19

@Wait8, Respectfully, it's bass-ackwards to subordinate the browser to your extensions.
There have been boatloads of security updates and bug and web-compatibility fixes over time.

Please don't hold updating your browser hostage to those add-ons.
Start with a fresh, pristine portable version, then choose extensions.
You seem to assume that I came down with the last shower. That is very, very, far from being the case.

I never ever allow any upgrades to any of my computer software.

For me, computers are tools, and I make sure that I have the right tools for the jobs I do, and that they are sharp. I have modified all of the software that I use regularly, and I don’t want some very clever code-slinger interfering with it.

It is impossible for me to lose more than two hours worth if data because of any kind of virus, malware, etc. This has always been the case since 1983, and always will be case. That’s absolutely guaranteed. None of my computers have ever had any sort of security protection – for me they are a waste of computing time and RAM. The total computer data I have lost during 40 years of using them is probably less than 24 hours worth. This was mainly due to my attempts at improving Win-nos – a mammoth taask! . The only “infections” I’ve had have been deliberate – to see what happens. I ran a species of ransomware that was emailed to me. It took me less than 30 minutes to be up and running, and I lost no data whatsoever.

I only discovered the existence of Pale Moon Portable last week. The main reason for wanting to use it is the prospect of being able to remove Win-no’s Internet Explorer, and all its associated junk, from my computer. At last!

Not everyone uses computers in the way that you do. Your post was of no use to me whatsoever, like most of the others.

It seems to me that this forum is used as social media, and offers little or no useful help to people who are trying to solve a specific, clearly stated, problem.

And yes, I DO know what to do about it!

Bye-bye.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-14, 23:32

Wait8 wrote:
2021-06-14, 21:04
I never ever allow any upgrades to any of my computer software.
Until you do, don't expect any help here. Software updates are essential, especially for software that loads and displays untrusted content like a web browser.
I guess you weren't paying attention in computer class.
Wait8 wrote:
For me, computers are tools, and I make sure that I have the right tools for the jobs I do, and that they are sharp.
Well, obviously you're not keeping your tools sharp because a web browser needs to be updated regularly to remain a sharp tool.
Wait8 wrote:
It seems to me that this forum is used as social media, and offers little or no useful help to people who are trying to solve a specific, clearly stated, problem.
Your "clearly stated" problem is that you are using a very outdated and known vulnerable piece of software, on a just as outdated and known vulnerable O.S. (since I'm assuming that Windows 7 starter edition has also never been updated) and you want to use an extension on that outdated browser that is not compatible with as old a version as you are using. If you only discovered Pale Moon last week, then how come that you aren't using the latest version? Did you go out of your way to install something old just to spite us?
(And you still haven't told us which version it is, so suspicion of trolling is clearly on the rise... ;P)
Wait8 wrote:
And yes, I DO know what to do about it!

Bye-bye.
Oh, I guess I just wasted my time. I should have skipped to the end of your post :D
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-15, 02:39

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have read this year.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-15, 03:46

Everytime I think we've broken records for demonstrations of wilful ignorance and imbecility, someone comes along and digs even deeper.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX