advice on ABL filters

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

advice on ABL filters

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2021-06-05, 20:57

A disabled friend of mine had his PC replaced. He is not technology-savvy and the operation was done by a "technician". Today I found he lost several items. Among them of course his Palemoon profile (I was the one who "forced" him to use Palemoon as browser) ... he has a 2018 FEBE backup so next Saturday I'll help him to recreate the bookmarks. So far I just helped him to make PM as default browser (e.g. for Thunderbird links (*)), to install the Italian language pack (*) and to install ABL (I can't remember what other extensions he had ... I guess not many, surely he did not install any himself).

I found that (as result of the "technician" intervention or automagically ?) he has Palemoon 29.2. The latest ABL installed with the "Lunar" filter list.
Since on my "historical" profile I have instead (and I am apparently happy with it) the following stratification (allow nonintrusive advertising, EasyListItaly+EasyList, EasyPrivacy, I don't care about cookies), I would like an advice if ...
  • he could be happy with the Lunar list
  • I should install him some of the lists I use
  • or instead should I convert to the Lunar one ?
(*) he needs an Italian version ... that's why I can't make him using as mail user agent either my favourite Alpine or Interlink
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: advice on ABL filters

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-05, 20:59

wtf