best new/replacement addons like JavaScript blocker?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

dchmelik
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

best new/replacement addons like JavaScript blocker?

Unread post by dchmelik » 2021-06-05, 01:40

I'm sad to see classic Firefox addons now disabled, yet happy to see most addons I use (like LiveClick was quite important) have been replaced/forked. However I'm unsure which JavaScript blocker has the best balance of easiness and power, like NoScript had. I used NoScript until the end and just made sure if I had problems, I disabled it first and checked if that solved things or not (it was always something else.) However, I'm unsure which new addon is most like that. The uMatrix one is extremely powerful but too difficult. Perhaps Block Content, or Toggle JavaScript is easier? I don't know because haven't upgraded yet. AutoPager and RightToClick were a couple others I liked that improved browsing experience... but I had dozens I used to use, and it's going to take months to figure out if they're replaced or if I can't upgrade yet...
Last edited by FranklinDM on 2021-06-05, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix typo in topic title

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: best new/replaement addons like JavaScript blocker?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-05, 02:24

dchmelik wrote:
2021-06-05, 01:40
it's going to take months to figure out if they're replaced or if I can't upgrade yet...
http://developer.palemoon.org/docs/phoenix-extensions/

dchmelik
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: best new/replacement addons like JavaScript blocker?

Unread post by dchmelik » 2021-06-05, 03:02

Thanks! That helped me find out several more. I'll still have to figure out a replacement JavaScript blocker that's not too simplistic or too complicated...

Can any moderator fix the topic's typographical error, 'replament' (replacement?)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-05, 03:32

You can also contribute to that page listing extensions that are forkable or noting those that aren't so it can grow as a definitive resource.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-05, 09:26

eMatrix is the definitive content blocker for Pale Moon and the closest you'll get to NoScript in terms of functionality, being forked from the now defunct uMatrix. Note that globally disabling Javascript is a ham handed option these days given how most websites completely rely on it to function, unless you insist on using the few old ones that haven't changed since the last century in terms of using actual static HTML to display their content.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX