File Explorer from flash content

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Guillaum3

File Explorer from flash content

Unread post by Guillaum3 » 2021-05-07, 12:05

Hi,
I'm having several issues with flash plug-in and a specific function

While deploying Palemoon and installing everything the same way,
I'm getting a different behavior on computers with similar configuration

file explorer to save or upload a file form flash SWF works perfectly on some computers

On other computers, i get another version of the file explorer that doesn't see OneDrive unless i add it in quick access, and it is very unstable
when browsing and displaying files in it and It becomes unresponsive too often especially when browsing shared folders or network mapped folders.

we changed X64 to X86
It is less likely ot happen on palemoon X86 but i still get this issue with some computers.
i tried the protected mode switch, disabling hardware acceleration, wiping all of mozilla and palemoon folders/registry i could find before reinstalling.

i need help on this
between the Flash SWF and the opening of a file explorer to save or upload a file, what can cause Palemoon to use a different version / sandboxed version of it ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: File Explorer from flash content

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-07, 12:46

By default, Pale Moon will isolate plugins in a low-integrity process. of course from such an environment, file system access will be restricted. In what way it is restricted will depend on your Windows settings and group policies set on that particular system.
So, assuming you are using Flash in a safe environment, you could disable Flash's own protected mode and the protected (out-of-process) mode of the browser (with the advanced preference dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll - set it to false; use the 64-bit dll name for the equivalent) to avoid any sandboxing going on.
Alternatively you could change the GPO objects in windows to tune the sandboxing at the system level (I don't have immediate ready knowledge on that procedure but a web search will undoubtedly help you).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite