Password Management Beginning With PM 29.2.0

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Password Management Beginning With PM 29.2.0

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-04-30, 03:57

TomDD wrote:
2021-04-29, 14:53
LOL, I guess a leak or hacking into the default password manager of PM is far more possibly.
Based on your no doubt extensive review of the code and a list of vulnerabilities that I'm sure you've come across while doing so?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-30, 09:30

TomDD wrote:
2021-04-29, 14:53
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-04-22, 20:31
I can't wait for your accounts to be compromised by a leak in a cloud password service.
LOL, I guess a leak or hacking into the default password manager of PM is far more possibly.
Set it up with a strong master password.
Then I challenge you to hack into the default password manager inside the browser (without foreknowledge of the MP) and recover the stored passwords.
Good luck.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2021-07-23, 01:06

Does this mean none of Daniel Dawsons password tools will work in Pale Moon.
He was always very supportive ( and still is) of Pale Moon. I found Password Tags a time saver while trying to locate passwords that needed tweaking ... change of Domain names etc.
Or when I wanted the name+password for a device or other platform.

I don't know anything about standalone password managers ... so I am in the dark :(
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-07-23, 01:21

bawldiggle wrote:
2021-07-23, 01:06
His Classic Password Editor works fine.

(It's a PM-targetting fork of "Saved Password Editor")

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-23, 07:28

bawldiggle wrote:
2021-07-23, 01:06
Unless one of them is a "master password cracker" which would very likely be defeated, there's no reason why tools like an editor or what not would not work -- you will still have to enter the master password in your session to be able to use them though, but once you've done that, any extension can just do its work.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

htuyar
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by htuyar » 2021-07-23, 09:07

Sorry I'm joining this topic late but I think that Password Safe (pwsafe.org) also deserves a mention here. It stores a locally encrypted safe and doesn't interact with any server. It works on multiple platforms including mobile. If you want to sync, there are sync clients that work over popular file hosting services like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or ownCloud. And it has a relatively convenient auto-type feature which works on most cases.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2021-07-24, 08:08

htuyar wrote:
2021-07-23, 09:07
Sorry I'm joining this topic late but I think that Password Safe (pwsafe.org) also deserves a mention here. It stores a locally encrypted safe and doesn't interact with any server. It works on multiple platforms including mobile. If you want to sync, there are sync clients that work over popular file hosting services like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or ownCloud. And it has a relatively convenient auto-type feature which works on most cases.
I'm pretty sure people in this thread are asking about password manager inside the browser and aren't looking for a promotion of an external tool. So was there any reason for this tangent?
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

htuyar
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by htuyar » 2021-07-24, 08:36

Admin wrote:
2021-07-24, 08:08
I'm pretty sure people in this thread are asking about password manager inside the browser and aren't looking for a promotion of an external tool. So was there any reason for this tangent?
Using standalone password managers such as keepass and bitwarden were recommended in earlier posts. But OK, sorry for the distraction.