Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 : feedback request

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 : feedback request

Unread post by Falna » 2021-04-11, 01:26

Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 is one of the extensions I forked recently (more in my sig box below). The Print Preview button works exactly as expected, however Franklin reported back that the keyboard shortcut isn't working on his keyboard, so I've been investigating further.

I've now tested it on a couple of different physical keyboards, with several keyboard layouts, and it am finding that the shortcut works as expected, but only in Basilisk.

In Pale Moon - only when using the keyboard shortcut - the preview is blank, as is any page printed from it. I get the same results using the original extension that I forked from (I've used the print preview button in Pale Moon for years, but not the shortcut, and of course did my pre-release testing in Basilisk!)

Can anyone confirm this behavior? Or suggest how it may be resolved?

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 : feedback request

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-11, 03:36

I notice you aren't including any search terms for any of your extensions. You should do that else they won't show up when someone searches from the site or in the Add-ons Manager.

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-04-11, 05:40

Works for me on Devuan GNU/Linux, with US QWERTY layout. I'm using Pale Moon.
Off-topic:
Holy cow, you already forked 8 extensions? That's impressive! I guess I will have to fork and create more extensions then... :D

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-04-11, 07:55

Also works on Mageia Gnu/Linux, Turkish F keyboard layout with physical Turkish Q keyboard and usual Turkish Q layout; using Pale Moon.

opus_27
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by opus_27 » 2021-04-11, 12:59

Works for me on Windows 7 Ultimate, Pale Moon 29.1.1 (64 bit), standard keyboard and EN-US layout.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2021-04-11, 13:26

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-04-11, 03:36
I notice you aren't including any search terms for any of your extensions. You should do that else they won't show up when someone searches from the site or in the Add-ons Manager.
For ease of people finding this I've added appropriate search terms. Though OP is free to adjust as required (and please do add them for future submissions).

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2021-04-11, 13:32

Thanks everyone! Looks like it's not a big issue then - perhaps time for me to create a new profile.

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-04-11, 03:36
I notice you aren't including any search terms for any of your extensions.
Will add some more; thanks.

Off-topic:
jobbautista9 wrote:
2021-04-11, 05:40
Holy cow, you already forked 8 extensions? That's impressive! I guess I will have to fork and create more extensions then... :D
Just gone up to 9 with Number Tabs :D
Unfortunately my Easter break's over, so I won't be able to keep up the pace.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

bobber575
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by bobber575 » 2021-04-28, 18:24

Gents,
Is there any chance of modifying this add-on to in include Print/Print Preview to the Pale Moon Context Menu?
As a long time user of Print/Print Preview 1.0.1 by Patrick H. Lauke, I would appreciate a version of this *very* useful Add-On.
Thanks