Places Maintenance [Releases/Support]

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Places Maintenance [Releases/Support]

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-10, 14:40

Places Maintenance is a fork of PlacesCleaner for Pale Moon and Basilisk.

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/placesmaintenance/

v1.0 is the initial re-branded release.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Places Maintenance [Releases/Support]

Unread post by billmcct » 2021-04-10, 16:30

I have "Places Maintenance 2.0.3" installed. Will this overwrite or install beside it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2021-04-10, 17:03

Thanks for this extension MC. Question, is the status bar icon movable? I tried the usual way (open Customize Toolbar, and tried to drag the icon) but it didn't move. If it's not movable, is there anyway it can be made movable (feature request)? Another question, in Preferences I see the option to "Backup places database before cleaning." In the profile folder I see a file called "placesmaintenance_places.bak". This is the backup I presume? I guess it's kind of obvious that it is but it never hurts to ask (well, almost never). ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-10, 20:05

billmcct wrote:
2021-04-10, 16:30
I have "Places Maintenance 2.0.3" installed. Will this overwrite or install beside it?
I wasn't aware there was another one with the same name.
It should install alongside it, as the id will be different.
ron_1 wrote:
2021-04-10, 17:03
is the status bar icon movable? I tried the usual way (open Customize Toolbar, and tried to drag the icon) but it didn't move. If it's not movable, is there anyway it can be made movable (feature request)?
I'm not sure if it's movable as it's not a standard status bar item from my understanding. I can see if I can make it movable but not sure. please open an issue on the repo so I can investigate.
ron_1 wrote:
2021-04-10, 17:03
in Preferences I see the option to "Backup places database before cleaning." In the profile folder I see a file called "placesmaintenance_places.bak". This is the backup I presume?
Yes
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2021-04-10, 20:40

Moonchild wrote:
2021-04-10, 20:05
billmcct wrote:
2021-04-10, 16:30
I wasn't aware there was another one with the same name.
It should install alongside it, as the id will be different.
Yeah, I've been using it for years. If when trying to fix the button, could you try to add an option to run it from the Bookmarks right click menu? I have way too many buttons now. A simple right click and run would be great.

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by eskaton » 2021-04-10, 22:27

Thank you, Moonchild!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-11, 12:24

I'll be rebranding this from scratch because of the conflict with Places Maintenance.

Re-branded as "Swabby". Details in its own thread.