FORK of Select like a boss

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: FORK of Select like a boss

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-07, 22:26

You ended the main description block and then had another targetApplication block which has to be inside the main description block. That was all. But also this is where proper indenting comes into play. Of course the mostly attr form in the second code box can help avoid such mistakes because there are less tags to worry about so it is cleaner and easier to read.

Also a tip: You should use spaces for indentation. While tabs are valid most developers use spaces either 2 or 4 spaces for one tab and if you default to actual tabs you will end up in a situation of mixing them then your indentation gets thrown all out of whack which I corrected in my earlier post.

Of course eventually install.rdf will become deprecated and replaced with a JSON Install Manifest which will be strict and unambiguous. Don't worry about that for now though.

francesco bat

Unread post by francesco bat » 2021-04-08, 16:13

Thank you! :thumbup:
Now i uploaded addon.
I wait... :)
In this way i edited also other extension and it works in Palemoon and Basilisk :)
I post install.rdf here:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26551
Bye
Francesco bat

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2021-04-08, 19:39