PM and RES

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

TheArchitektas

PM and RES

Unread post by TheArchitektas » 2013-06-08, 09:51

I don't know if you are familiar with an addon called "Reddit Enhancement Suit", but if you use Reddit, I'm sure you are.
The thing is that it doesn't work with PM x64. IT does work with FF Nighlty x64, but I switched from them to PM for the sake of stability as the Nightlie's have been nightmare lately.

So the addon dev said:
unfortunately, it won't work on Pale Moon due to an issue with Firefox's addon SDK relying on a hard coded name of some sort (I'm giving a vague answer because I can't remember the exact details)...
I wonder if there's anything that PM devs can do or is it associated with just the addon (and just the addon dev can fixt it)?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PM and RES

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-06-08, 11:01

This would be something only the addon dev can fix.
Hard-coded names are always bad and should be avoided at all times. The add-on dev should revisit their code and see about making the add-on name-independent. In-app variables can be used to replace hard-coded names. e.g. %NAME% %VERSION% %APPBUILDID% %LOCALE% %OS_VERSION% %DISTRIBUTION% etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Xuerian

Re: PM and RES

Unread post by Xuerian » 2013-07-28, 07:57

This can be temporarily bypassed by unpacking the XPI in question to a corresponding directory in the same folder (find in about:support), deleting the XPI, and editing cuddlefish.js.

Add return null; at line 51 (Just inside function incompatibility(module))

This needs to be fixed in the Addon SDK (I think it might be in 22), but this allows usage of the addons without a problem.