Multi-login and multi-window Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

lahesis333

Multi-login and multi-window

Unread post by lahesis333 » 2019-11-11, 21:31

Please tell me, is there any extension that resembles a multi-login which is for chromium? And is it also possible to run two (or more) portable copies of the program? Only in such a way that they are not dependent on each other? And then I start one copy first and enter, for example, a social network. And from the second copy the same profile opens in the soyal network. And if you exit it, then it also leaves the first running copy.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Multi-login and multi-window

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-12, 02:37

Go to about:profiles, create a new profile and then 'launch profile in new browser'. It will create a separate browser window and session using the new profile that has no connection to the existing one.

In future, you can launch the profile directly by launching palemoon with

Code: Select all

palemoon -P <profile name>
You can create a shortcut to launch it like that.

Cookies, bookmarks, history, addons and other settings are separate across profiles. So you can have one separate profile for social networks if you want to.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-11-12, 14:10

If you are going to run multiple profiles, use --no-remote option when launching second (and third, fourth, fifth) profile, like so:

palemoon --no-remote -P social-profile-name
Also, it is assumed you know how to run programs with custom arguments which can be quite different based on which OS you are using.

lahesis333

Unread post by lahesis333 » 2019-11-13, 10:31

moonbat wrote:
2019-11-12, 02:37
Go to about:profiles, create a new profile and then 'launch profile in new browser'. It will create a separate browser window and session using the new profile that has no connection to the existing one.

In future, you can launch the profile directly by launching palemoon with

palemoon -P <profile name>
You can create a shortcut to launch it like that.

Cookies, bookmarks, history, addons and other settings are separate across profiles. So you can have one separate profile for social networks if you want to.
Thank you very much for your help! Or maybe you can make it so that when you create a new profile, he copies the settings (application language, bookmarks, etc.) of the main profile? Just when I create a new profile and launch another browser window, it takes on the default view. That is, all settings are reset ((I apologize for my English, because I use a translator ...

lahesis333

Unread post by lahesis333 » 2019-11-13, 10:35

adesh wrote:
2019-11-12, 14:10
If you are going to run multiple profiles, use --no-remote option when launching second (and third, fourth, fifth) profile, like so:

palemoon --no-remote -P social-profile-name
Also, it is assumed you know how to run programs with custom arguments which can be quite different based on which OS you are using.
Unfortunately, I am not very strong in this industry. Could you explain in more detail how you can quickly launch a new profile? I understand that you can create a shortcut to launch a new profile (first, second, third ...) and not go to the Help every time? I would be very grateful if you write in detail how to do this))

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-13, 10:43

lahesis333 wrote:
2019-11-13, 10:35

Unfortunately, I am not very strong in this industry. Could you explain in more detail how you can quickly launch a new profile? I understand that you can create a shortcut to launch a new profile (first, second, third ...) and not go to the Help every time? I would be very grateful if you write in detail how to do this))
Easiest way is to create a shortcut (I assume you know how to do this on Windows or Linux, whatever you're using) and pass the parameters.
For example on Windows it might be

"C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" --no-remote -P social-profile-name
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

lahesis333

Unread post by lahesis333 » 2019-11-14, 07:58

moonbat wrote:
2019-11-13, 10:43
lahesis333 wrote:
2019-11-13, 10:35

Easiest way is to create a shortcut (I assume you know how to do this on Windows or Linux, whatever you're using) and pass the parameters.
For example on Windows it might be

"C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe" --no-remote -P social-profile-name
Thank you very much! It's all good!