MozArchiver doesn't load images offline

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

person45
Fanatic
Fanatic

MozArchiver doesn't load images offline

Unread post by person45 » 2019-10-01, 20:14

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... arts-emmys
When I save this as a .maff file and then open it offline, the image doesn't load.

A connection to media.vanityfair.com is needed, and then it loads.

Is there a way I can make the .maff file show stored images without having to connect to the website?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: MozArchiver doesn't load images offline

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-10-02, 01:08

Is the image actually downloaded and present in the maff file? If not or if you can't verify that (I've never used the extension, so can't tell you how) - it's more likely that images are being dynamically loaded by background requests or javascript and are not statically linked in the page, and perhaps the extension can't handle that.
Much simpler to download and archive a static page with images, modern websites are completely unusable without javascript.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

person45
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: MozArchiver doesn't load images offline

Unread post by person45 » 2019-10-02, 19:15

Yes, the image is in the maff.

For some reason, MozArchiver requests the original link to the webpage instead of just opening the stored image within the maff. You can test this by blocking internet access temporarily and then opening the file.