Possible to create an extension that will support WebExtensions, sort of like Greasemonkey for scripts?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

gorhill

Re: Possible to create an extension that will support WebExtensions, sort of like Greasemonkey for scripts?

Unread post by gorhill » 2019-09-03, 14:38

Moonchild wrote:
2019-09-02, 10:25
html-based controls inside privileged UI content. Need I say more?
Yes, it's somewhat vague, I would like specifics, concrete examples.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Possible to create an extension that will support WebExtensions, sort of like Greasemonkey for scripts?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-09-03, 15:05

gorhill wrote:
2019-09-03, 14:38
Moonchild wrote:
2019-09-02, 10:25
html-based controls inside privileged UI content. Need I say more?
Yes, it's somewhat vague, I would like specifics, concrete examples.
Your opinions are WELL KNOWN. You will find some way to excuse every Mozilla decision. Tend to your own users and leave the general state of things to those actually involved and invested.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2019-09-03, 18:16

@gorhill

Thanks for still keeping an eye on uBlock0 legacy, despite of some knee-jerk comments (as far as I can see the last one of them has been deleted meanwhile) made by a person on these forums.

Andrew Herbert

Unread post by Andrew Herbert » 2019-12-03, 20:09

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-09-02, 11:42
The guy who does that site also has his own agenda and not an all together truthful one either.
What kind of agenda do you see there?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-03, 21:41

Please don't answer that, at least not in this thread, because it would completely derail it. Take that to off-topic, please.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-12-03, 21:52

Off-topic:
Moonchild wrote:
2019-12-03, 21:41
Please don't answer that, at least not in this thread, because it would completely derail it. Take that to off-topic, please.
Thought about it, decided not to.

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2019-12-03, 22:26

This is all really simple for me:
Pale Moon is not FF. (TY jeebus) Nor would I want it to be.

FF already supports WEs (from what I hear) so why would a FF user that already loves their WEs want to change, or move for that matter because of WEs? They already have what they want.

Pale Moon is totally unique as of now, and it works great with all it's supported and many Legacy extensions as well, why would PM want to be like the "others" (eww i need a shower now)

But wait... there's more! Why oh why would we want more FF fans posting more gibber jabber about how this or that on Pale Moon isnt just like FF? IMO their's already enough of that here.

Simple; if you want WEs, use FF for F's sake.
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

mega moon dragon

Unread post by mega moon dragon » 2020-04-13, 00:53

hey I just wanted to drop my extensions on pale moon to have them work not use ff yikes... ff....... but guess not. screw you webextensions!!! :evil:

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2020-04-13, 17:43

mega moon dragon wrote:
2020-04-13, 00:53
I just wanted to drop my extensions on pale moon to have them work
Pale Moon isn't Firefox. Please don't confuse the two.

See also: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23697