Greasemonkey for Palemoon Crashing

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Re: Greasemonkey for Palemoon Crashing

Unread post by Aviation » 2019-08-17, 17:50

I got that coffeebreak, Moonchild already mentioned it above.
But i'm waiting for his advice concerning my about:config's

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-17, 18:05

Aviation wrote:
2019-08-17, 17:50
I got that [...]
Moonchild wrote:
2019-08-17, 14:56
De facto copying a Firefox profile to Pale Moon is not supported, as already said "asking for trouble" and extremely likely to not work properly, period.
If you do this anyway, you are on your own.
[emphasis added]

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-08-17, 19:19

If you really, really want a comment on your about:config settings, I'll tell you that about half of them are not required or can be set again directly from the settings window without having to deal with about:config.
Besides, don't you think it's more likely that in these 10 years Pale Moon might have fixed whatever issue you might have had and that the workaround from 10 years ago might be the problem?
By the way, extensions can be recovered fairly easily, especially if you use the Classic Add-on Archive for those not available from the Pale Moon add-ons site.

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2019-08-17, 19:46

"If you really, really want a comment on your about:config settings, I'll tell you that about half of them are not required"
Yes it's important, a long time of personalisation & i can't guess those "half ones", maybe only pm coders can tell which ones aren't used at all in pm.

"Besides, don't you think it's more likely that in these 10 years Pale Moon might have fixed whatever issue you might have had and that the workaround from 10 years ago might be the problem?"
No, since those preferences aren't just fixes, but personal choices for windows & other crap..

"By the way, extensions can be recovered fairly easily, especially if you use the Classic Add-on Archive for those not available from the Pale Moon add-ons site."
That's just a minor part of a whole transfer )) & not all are in classic addon archive, not even forgetting screenshots of all option windows
including pm's options. i don't think the issue could come from the extension folder, do you really think for a fresh start or to prevent greasemonkey
issue, i really need to delete all my extensions ? pm would recognize the extensions if i leave them that way. don't forget i tested a disabled extensions restart with greasemonkey only & that didn't correct the issue. I guess i need a new prefs.js though.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-17, 23:00

Aviation wrote:
2019-08-17, 17:50
I got that coffeebreak, Moonchild already mentioned it above.
I don't have time to provide an analysis for people's individual about:config values. If you think prefs are a problem, reset them to defaults. We have a handy recovery dialog box option for that (help -> restart in safe mode -> reset all preferences to pale moon defaults)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-08-18, 18:03

The error mentioned on the begining is about bad language strings, all other things inclunding redundant firefox settings not a thing, if you use language files then disable them.

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2019-08-18, 18:06

Hi fedor, can you explain me this using folder names or c: addresses in general ?

thank you very much

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2019-08-18, 19:00

I only have dic & aff en-us files in C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\dictionaries

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-19, 07:29

Any language pack you've installed would be in your profile in the extensions folder, and it will cause the Add-ons Manager (about:addons) to have a category called "Languages".

Which language pack is it, where did it come from, and which version is it?
They should come from here and the version should match the browser's milestone, currently 28.6.0.

Additional note...
After reading Fedor2's post, I searched the forum for the first line of your error message.
I found it useful to read other threads where this error has come up; you may too: XML Parsing Error: undefined entity

Aviation
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Aviation » 2019-08-21, 07:05

Many thanks to Fedor for having found the culprit "flashstopper", the author of flashstopper updated his flashstopper.xpi
to https://yochaym.bitbucket.io/flashtest/newversions.zip & now, greasemonkey's scratchpad is fixed.