PM 28.5.0 not respecting some TMP settings in new/resized windows

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

lihatt

PM 28.5.0 not respecting some TMP settings in new/resized windows

Unread post by lihatt » 2019-06-11, 20:38

Has anyone else noticed that since PM v28.5.0 (I think - I've been noticing this for a while, longer than the two recent releases from last week), TMP preferences for Display > Tab > Tab Width are not respected when opening a new window or resizing an existing window? If I open a second tab, then both (and subsequent tabs) expand to the minimum width I have specified, but not at first.
tab1.PNG
tab2.PNG
Also, the tab bar is not hidden on new windows, which have only one tab open. This setting exists in both PM and TMP so I am not sure which takes precedence (they are both set to hide when only one tab). If I open a second tab and then close it, the tab bar hides as expected; but if I then resize that window, the single tab reappears, and at the wrong size. Resizing the window while multiple tabs are open has no ill effect.

And, I've just noticed taking these screenshots, the TMP setting for Display > Tab > Show on Tab > Close tab button (to place an "X" close tab button on every tab) is not having an effect on the tab in a new window either. Again if I open a second tab, then PM applies the settings properly to both tabs.

I did search for recent issues with TMP, but the topics I found are about middle clicking, ctrl+clicking, and link-dragging behavior that aren't issues I've experienced (e.g. this, this, this, this). In some cases those issues were solved by updating to TMP 0.5.7.0, but that is the version I have installed.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: PM 28.5.0 not respecting some TMP settings in new/resized windows

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-06-11, 22:21

Shouldn't issues like this be brought to the extension developer?
Reading the description at http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/tab-mix-plus/ I see a link to the official forum, so maybe you guys should go there?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-12, 02:22

As pointed out, we can't do anything about behavior in an extension that is not our code.
The extension dev(s) will have to take note and fix this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lihatt

Unread post by lihatt » 2019-06-21, 20:01

The behavior changed after an update to Pale Moon without there being any change to TMP, though. (TMP last updated April 15, the version of PM I think this started with was April 30) It seems PM is doing different things when rendering the window on new window or resize, and I guess interacting with TMP differently than it used to?

Am I in fact the only one seeing this, though? Just wondered if there was anyone else.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-22, 00:32

... I don't understand why this is always the first reply back instead of contacting the add-on dev. Extensions extend the browser, no the other way around; if something in the browser changes that the extension uses, then the extension will have to be adapted to use the changed feature/code/API.
So, once again: please contact the add-on developer. TMP will likely need some minor changes to respond to changes in the browser.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite