My jetpack add-on rejected: "almost certainly not going to work properly, thus they are unsupported"

General discussion, compatibility and contributed extensions.

Moderators: satrow, Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

davide

My jetpack add-on rejected: "almost certainly not going to work properly, thus they are unsupported"

Unread post by davide » 2019-05-23, 13:16

Hello,

In 2015 I developed a jetpack add-on for Firefox to provide TTS services, I tried to install it on Pale Moon 28.5.0 and it works perfectly.
However, when I try to upload it on addons.palemoon.org I receive a fastidious:
Old style Jetpack based extensions are almost certainly not going to work properly, thus they are unsupported
I no longer have much memory of how to develop jetpack or Firefox add-ons in general.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: My jetpack add-on rejected: "almost certainly not going to work properly, thus they are unsupported"

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-23, 14:18

www.palemoon.org wrote:JetPack (Add-on SDK) extensions

With Pale Moon v28, these extensions are used at your own risk and come without our support.
Although we do not impose any restrictions on installing these extensions in the current milestone, they may or may not work due to the fact that Jetpack is in many respects tied to the Australis UI that we do not carry. We have some compatibility libraries in place that covers most Jetpack extension use, but you will be mostly on your own in terms of troubleshooting and fixing interoperation bugs.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff

Re: My jetpack add-on rejected: "almost certainly not going to work properly, thus they are unsupported"

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-23, 18:33

There are two kinds of jetpack extensions, cfx and jpm. You need to regenerate it with jpm to submit it.

If it is cfx based and works perfectly then it that would be an exception that almost allows for but that doesn't mean Phoebus will allow it.

Why not rewrite it to be proper toolkit overlay or at least bootstrap and support other applications as well.