Pentadactyl (for Pale Moon) is looking for new maintainers

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

pmnight

Pentadactyl (for Pale Moon) is looking for new maintainers

Unread post by pmnight » 2019-05-21, 02:24

Pentadactyl-PM's previous maintainer "madand" posted this on the github page a few days ago:

https://github.com/madand/pentadactyl-pm/issues/10
madand wrote:It's been quite a while since I stopped using PaleMoon and Pentadactyl. In fact, it was long enough that their extension delivery infrastructure has been upgraded and my forum account got auto-purged. This means I am not able to test nor publish updates into the official channel (https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/pentadactyl/) anymore.

Since #7 already has a fixing PR #8, we need someone to take over the extension maintenance and create corresponding account(s) on PaleMoon sites to be able to push updates.
User jackrosenthal in response has made a new fork:
jackrosenthal wrote:Willing to help with some of the maintenance, but not sure if I want to commit to being the official maintainer.

Made a github org and pushed the repository here:

https://github.com/pentadactyl/pentadactyl

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pentadactyl (for Pale Moon) is looking for new maintainers

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-21, 10:04

Nonsense.

If they had an FTP account of Regolith then that was migrated to Phoebus during the trasition. They merely need to login with the same credentials and verify the account.

If he doesn't remember his password, I can reset it but he will need to contact me.

Purged from the forum accounts can be re-registered as well.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-21, 10:58

I'm thinking they just want to give an excuse instead of flat out saying they no longer want to maintain it (which is perfectly fine! We all move on with our lives) -- since that way, the decision can be blamed on us. "They made it impossible for me to maintain it so I dropped it" is somehow perceived better (no matter how negative and false it is) than simply saying "Sorry, I don't want to do this in my free time anymore, someone else please take over?"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-21, 11:03

Well if someone else can get with them and me and agree to a transfer of ownership.. I will reassign the extension to whomever wants to take it up.

Eventually, this will be something that can be done via the panel but not yet.