Is there an add on that allows share to email from the URL bar?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

CharmCityCrab

Is there an add on that allows share to email from the URL bar?

Unread post by CharmCityCrab » 2019-05-04, 17:42

Is there a Pale Moon add-on that places an icon in the right-hand corner of the URL bar that (when clicked) opens an email on your default email program (In my case, Thunderbird for Windows right now) and automatically gives it the subject line from the article headline/page name you are viewing and puts the URL link in the body of the email? Basically, I'm looking for a feature similar to the one built into Quantum-era Firefox. I share a lot of articles via email.

My preference is first for something from the Pale Moon AMO (Best compatibility and updates), but I'd settle for something from the Classic (Firefox) Add-Ons Archive thing if it's still Pale Moon-compatible. Whatever works.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Is there an add on that allows share to email from the URL bar?

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2019-05-04, 18:20

You can try Email This!. Don't know whether it will work in PM 28, have not used it.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

CharmCityCrab

Unread post by CharmCityCrab » 2019-05-04, 19:09

_yuyu_ wrote:
2019-05-04, 18:20
You can try Email This!. Don't know whether it will work in PM 28, have not used it.
Thanks! I used the classic add-ons archive just to limit how many sources I'm using for add-ons (For security reasons, I figure it's a good idea not to expose myself to a million random AMOs), but I used the add-on you mentioned as a search term, and it came right up.

In case anyone else is viewing this thread later, I should mention that right after install, it may *appear* not to be working. You've got to write click on the various browser elements at the top of the screen, then click "customize", and finally manually select whatever function you want and drag and drop it into your interface. Then it works great!

pizamoto

Unread post by pizamoto » 2019-05-06, 16:41

I can confirm Email This! works in 28.5. There is a newer one with a yellow Icon, that's not the original, and it does not work.

Get the original here https://legacycollector.org/firefox-add ... index.html. I used 23.0.1 signed.