Vanishing Extension Icon - eMatrix/uMatrix

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Alec77
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Vanishing Extension Icon - eMatrix/uMatrix

Unread post by Alec77 » 2019-04-22, 12:36

My eMatrix extension icon keeps disappearing from the Navigation Toolbar, or rather never appears there aside from launching a second window, then it appears. Sometimes after customizing the toolbar. Same for placing it in the Status Bar. It disappears after browser restart. I think it's something wacko, like appearing every other new window. Same thing was happening with uMatrix. Doesn't happen to any other extension icon. Anybody else experiencing this?
Also sometimes eMatrix grid doesn't load after clicking the icon, but that's rather minor.
Am running Win 7.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Vanishing Extension Icon - eMatrix/uMatrix

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-04-22, 15:04

There's a thread dedicated to eMatrix, please use it next time you have a problem.
Anyway, which version of the extension are you running? Have you tried updating it? Know that eMatrix version number is unrelated to uMatrix version number.
Can you provide a more detailed descriptions of the actions you take before the icon disappears?

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2019-04-22, 15:52

it`s not eMatrix bug(?) This is uMatrix behavior very long time - disappearing from any Toolbar, randomly. eMatrix just inherited it.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-04-22, 16:06

By any chance, is this the same issue? https://gitlab.com/vannilla/ematrix/issues/1
I can't reproduce it myself, so if you have a reliable way to make it happen, please tell me so that it can be fixed.

Alec77
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Alec77 » 2019-04-22, 19:29

Thank you Vannilla for replies. Should have posted under eMatrix thread. It seems to be the bug you linked to, but someone there said it was related to Adblock Latitude, and I am running Ublock Origin with eMatrix. It is also true this behavior is identical, at least for me, for both uMatrix and newest eMatrix (running latest version straight from PaleMoon addon site). If I reinstall the addon, the icon appears in the toolbar. Then after browser restart, it's gone, but eMatrix/uMatrix works normally, just no icon. If I launch second browser window, the icon appears in it, reliably, and can be used normally to select items. First window still has no icon. Just don't know what it could be. I think Gorhill had something on github about vanishing icons, but don't remember where.
If you don't have this behavior, maybe it's something to do with Win 7 32-bit version of PaleMoon and uMatrix/eMatrix, or just my collection of addons, which isn't that big, mostly disabled. Dunno.
I don't know if it's worth the time to investigate this if not many people have this problem. I can live with it.
Last edited by Alec77 on 2019-04-22, 19:40, edited 2 times in total.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-04-22, 19:35

This sometimes happens to toolbar buttons made by bootstrap extensions. Both Adblock Latitude and ηMatrix/μMatrix are bootstrap extensions.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-04-22, 19:52

ABPrime is toolkit/overlay so it doesn't have this issue ;)

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2019-04-22, 19:58

This sometimes happens to toolbar buttons made by bootstrap extensions.
Yes, I noticed the same thing.
However, the extension icon not disappear at all, it just moves to other "hidden" icons( in Customize panels).

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-04-22, 21:07

Since it appears the bug is the same, at least I know where to look for.
Well, I still have to find a way to reproduce this behaviour before I can actually start searching for the bug, but it's a start.
Also I think it's better to move further discussions about this to the eMatrix thread, even just to have all the informations in a single place.
Thanks for the report.

Alec77
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

SOLVED IT

Unread post by Alec77 » 2019-04-23, 11:08

OK, I sorta solved it. Disabled a bunch of extensions, maybe 10, I don't really use, and eMatrix icon appeared in the Nav Toolbar, and it persists after restarts. Therefore, at least in my case, it was some other extension(s) interfering. Must be some extension-specific problem, so I don't think this bug is worth spending time on, unless somebody thinks otherwise. Thanks for all comments.