Speed Dial [FVD] issue on every new Palemoon v28.XX

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

jeremy

Speed Dial [FVD] issue on every new Palemoon v28.XX

Unread post by jeremy » 2019-04-20, 12:46

Hello,

From any v28.xx I've tried to update my Speed Dial [FVD] has stopped working. I don't know why, I tried to configure some policy inside about:config but without any success. I would appreciate if you could help me to fix the problem, for me this add-on is essential. In the capture you can see the exact version that I have, it does not allow me to update others due to incompatibilities with Palemoon and as it appears once I update to any version 28. I must go back to v27.xx to make it functional again. In case it's of any interest, my operating system is Win10. Thanks in advanced.

Speed Dial [FVD] vesion

Speed Dial [FVD] issue

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Speed Dial [FVD] issue on every new Palemoon v28.XX

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-04-20, 13:00

I am not even going to bother.. Someone else give him the extension developer speech, the one-way profile migration speech, the Firefox xul extension compatibility speech, the have you checked on OUR Add-ons Site for a replacement or fork speech, and the forum is not much of a support venue for add-ons unless the developer specifically exists here speech.

jeremy

Unread post by jeremy » 2019-04-20, 13:08

I'm just trying to get someone who's had this same experience to give me a hint. It is likely that with some new policy implemented since v28 it is blocking this add-on. More than likely I can have a solution from the configuration even if that means some security problem for me.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-04-20, 13:44

jeremy wrote:
2019-04-20, 13:08
I'm just trying to get someone who's had this same experience to give me a hint. It is likely that with some new policy implemented since v28 it is blocking this add-on. More than likely I can have a solution from the configuration even if that means some security problem for me.
It's unlikely that the browser would block this add-on without a very good reason. It's more likely that something under the hood has changed within Pale Moon since v27 that has inadvertently rendered the add-on incompatible. An about:config change may solve the problem, but again it's unlikely, and mucking with settings if you don't know what they mean is not a good idea.

I also don't recommend trying to migrate back from v28 to v27 once you've upgraded - this will corrupt your profile and cause a lot of problems in the immediate or long-term future.

Finally, a forum search may be helpful for you.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2019-04-20, 15:20

have you checked on OUR Add-ons Site for a replacement or fork :o

http://addons.palemoon.org/ :)
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2019-04-20, 23:41

Ooooorr, you could use "Speed Dial 0.9.6.18" as a replacement.

It works perfectly and has almost all the same features that FVD has.
Here is a shot of my setup, but there is a lot you can do.
1.jpg
If that is something that might actually interest you, then you will need
Justoffs "Classic Add-ons Archive 2.0.1" since that stuff is no longer available
on that "other" site. ;) You can get that add on at the PM add on's page
and then just use it to find the above mentioned add on and walla. :mrgreen:

jeremy

Unread post by jeremy » 2019-04-21, 09:22

Thehandyman1957 wrote:
2019-04-20, 23:41
Ooooorr, you could use "Speed Dial 0.9.6.18" as a replacement...
A big thank you for taking the time to find a solution to my problem :thumbup: I have also been looking for the latest version compatible with Palemoon and have found one that is compatible with v28.xx. I have tested the "fvd-speed-dial-9.2.1.xpi", the others didn't try. Luckily can keep all the speeddial collection i had previously. Don't know if the one you have found is compatible with my speeddial and if can keep the ones i already had. The backup has the following extension: speeddial.sd

If it's of someone's interest, here I leave the web where they have the old versions.
http://legacycollector.org/firefox-addo ... index.html

Thanks to all of you who have participated in my problem, very happy to be able to continue enjoying the Palemoon. :-D

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-04-21, 10:56

jeremy wrote:
2019-04-21, 09:22
If it's of someone's interest, here I leave the web where they have the old versions.
http://legacycollector.org/firefox-addo ... index.html
Also keep in mind that there are other places you can find old XUL extensions, such as the Classic Add-ons Archive.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

jeremy

Unread post by jeremy » 2019-04-21, 16:06

Thanks, I'll take it, too. :thumbup:

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2019-04-21, 20:49

jeremy wrote:
2019-04-21, 09:22
Don't know if the one you have found is compatible with my speeddial and if can keep the ones i already had. The backup has the following extension: speeddial.sd
I'm sure it isn't, but I'm glad you found one that works for ya. :thumbup: