Canvas Block Legacy breaks Google Voice

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

ltcomdata
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Canvas Block Legacy breaks Google Voice

Unread post by ltcomdata » 2019-04-14, 04:32

Hello:

Installing the Canvas Block Legacy extension for Pale Moon breaks the Google Voice website.
It does not matter if the website (voice.google.com) or even the domain (google) is white-listed.
The only way to get Google Voice working again is to disable Canvas Block Legacy entirely.

Anyone knows of a workaround?

Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Canvas Block Legacy breaks Google Voice

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-14, 10:44

ltcomdata wrote:Anyone knows of a workaround?
Stop using Canvas Block and use the preference canvas.poisondata instead to prevent canvas fingerprinting.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-04-14, 19:09

The name canvasblocker is now not accurate it was named that of the history. This extension is not simple canvas blocker now, more accurate that it is a fake fingerprinter. And it handles several more different things beside canvas, audio fingerprint is among them. There most likely because of that, i shall fix or make whitelist work. And i need find a way to test that google voice.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-14, 23:19

Yeah so you block essential web technologies.

Don't expect all websites to work if you do that -- the only way around that is to stop blocking essential APIs or deal with the consequences.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-04-15, 08:48

stop blocking essential APIs
May be you did not have time read my message above. It blocks nothing, it does the same as the canvas.poisondata but not only with it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-04-15, 11:00

Sorry if i misunderstood how something called a "blocker" doesn't in fact block anything.
I'm still thinking that it must be sending blank responses (even if not blocking) because otherwise you'd expect a website to respond favorably -- unless of course you're sending data back in a way that's nonsense for the API used in which case web servers will abort (most likely per-spec, too)

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-05-05, 10:37

Moonchild
Sorry, did not get about send blank response otherwise a website to respond favorably, what did you mean?

Today i am going to make whitelist function and update the extension, also add more features from original canvas blocker, but not enable them by default.

Sampei Nihira

Unread post by Sampei Nihira » 2019-05-05, 16:56

@ Fedor2

:thumbup:

I just need the anti-ClientRects Fingerprint function.
But this other feature would also be appreciated:

connected:

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-05-06, 12:44

Ah the canvas font, canvas blocker does not have this, сan try put from another extension. Instead canvasbloker has innovation about useragent spoof and other navigator items, yet i decided not add this feature, why? One can spoof that by plain about:config settings. Also the whitelist function properly at least on the several sites, but i stuck with the google.

So there was no point to make new version today.
I can add whitelists for section APIs, like in the original has.
To make extension look more accurate, rename it to the Tracker Faker
What do you think?

Sampei Nihira

Unread post by Sampei Nihira » 2019-05-06, 17:00

I vote no for changing the name of the extension. ;)

Ez-waker

Unread post by Ez-waker » 2019-05-18, 03:33

Fedor2 wrote:
2019-05-06, 12:44
To make extension look more accurate, rename it to the Tracker Faker
I like that name. It accurately describes its function and let's me know it isn't redundant with preference canvas.poisondata.