Alternative to Downloadhelper:Ant videodownloader 2.4.7.47

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

3dreal
Moongazer
Moongazer

Alternative to Downloadhelper:Ant videodownloader 2.4.7.47

Unread post by 3dreal » 2019-03-05, 08:42

viewtopic.php?t=13914&start=20
Since this thread is locked and i have found out whats wrong in description for Ant Video downloader-hack. uploaded xpi is working!
From above thread: Gigawatt Dec 8-2016
5) In the first line, change 26.0 to 20.0 (a different version number higher than 20.0 might have worked also, but... I didn't try it). You don't have to change anything in the second line. I did, but it was for testing purposes and didn't change it back...

Anyway, here is how I changed these two lines.

Code: Select all
<em:minVersion>20.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>80.*</em:maxVersion>
"You don't have to change anything in the second line. I did, but it was for testing purposes and didn't change it back..."
------------------
MY COMMENT: Gigawatt said: "You don't have to change anything in the second line.* THATS WRONG
YES one must change to 80 since i left 36 alone and its asking for a converter.
Uploaded file there is ok.

-------------------------------------
This thread is related to:
Version: 27.9.6 (32-bit) (2019-03-02)
i have SSE-winxp.
videos wonderfully running. but palemoon was crashing more often than in v 27.9.4.1. will examine. maybe my pc(have multiple small Sata-drives and some mistakes on system.
UPDATE: Ant Videodownloader is still asking for a converter: its FFmpeg-here 3.4.1 should work but it doesnt.
Alternative: onlinevideoconverter can convert to MP4 and offer for download

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Alternative to Downloadhelper:Ant videodownloader 2.4.7.47

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-03-05, 12:30

Yep, Windows XP the operating system for today's low IQ software pirates and other criminals that like to steal intellectual property. Like videos off the Internet.

Good luck with that.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-03-05, 19:04

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Yep, Windows XP the operating system for today's low IQ software pirates and other criminals that like to steal intellectual property. Like videos off the Internet.

Good luck with that.
Your comment makes no sense.
If the ability to download videos is available then its down to the video provider to stop such actions and branding people who download such videos as "criminals" is insane.If something is offered for free please don't slam the people who take it.

Intellectual property.?
maybe they should look after their intellectual property a bit better.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-03-05, 19:24

Moonraker wrote:If the ability to download videos is available then its down to the video provider to stop such actions and branding people who download such videos as "criminals" is insane.If something is offered for free please don't slam the people who take it.
YouTube Terms of Service wrote:Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
Moonraker wrote:Intellectual property.?
Intellectual property is protected by law in any civilized country.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-03-05, 20:28

yami_ wrote:
Moonraker wrote:If the ability to download videos is available then its down to the video provider to stop such actions and branding people who download such videos as "criminals" is insane.If something is offered for free please don't slam the people who take it.
YouTube Terms of Service wrote:Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
Moonraker wrote:Intellectual property.?
Intellectual property is protected by law in any civilized country.
I don't think you quite understand what i am saying.
Google should block the entire ability to download any video if that's the case.

If you don't want the thieves to steal from your home then don't leave the door open.

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-03-05, 20:31

You are the reason for EME. Such arrogance. Criminal.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2019-03-05, 20:53

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Criminal.
Speaking of criminals reminds me of a saying: "If you have a gun, you can rob a bank, but if you have a bank, you can rob everyone."

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-03-05, 22:45

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:You are the reason for EME. Such arrogance. Criminal.
Not really as i don't download them that often..Are you yourself not a criminal then as you provide extensions which aide the download of videos.?

You can find several extensions which do it,god even the vlc media player can do it.!.They criminals also.?
The ball is purely in googles and other video sites.

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-03-05, 23:06

I provide no such extensions.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-03-05, 23:27

Moonraker wrote:Google should block the entire ability to download any video if that's the case.
They can not block the ability to download the Audio/Video streams, because if they did that, they would not be able to provide the cloud based in-browser video player service. They are doing what they can to make extraction of A/V streams hard, however there is only so much they can do with JavaScript. Encryption is out of question for a pure JS video player implementation, because it would be slow and since the decryption would be done entirely by an user agent all information needed to manually decrypt and download the streams would be relatively easy to access. What would make things harder is introduction of a proprietary native back-box component that would be tasked with decryption. EME was created to make it easy for JavaScript to interact and communicate with such Content Decryption Modules.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-03-06, 01:33

@3dreal, just what is the point, question, issue, in your post?

Any particular reason you want to "convert" a video (which almost always entails quality loss - unless you're just changing its container)?

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-03-06, 19:27

If downloading videos is so wrong, why are there applications and extensions all over the place for that purpose? If it were illegal to do that, the people who produce those downloaders should be fined, or in jail, and forbidden to produce them again.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-03-06, 19:37

Downloading videos is usually only against the ToS. Sharing downloaded videos usually illegal. This, of course, depends on the law used in your country.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-03-06, 19:45

You know, you can always subscribe to the Don't ask, Don't tell policy regarding this subject.

For instance, if you don't ask about things to download the intellectual property of someone else.. I won't tell you that you are almost certainly a criminal.

Conversely, if you don't tell anyone you are downloading the intellectual property of others.. I won't ask you why you are doing something that is almost certainly illegal.

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2019-03-06, 20:28

Using a video downloader is no worse than using an ad-blocker. In fact, an ad-blocker is probably worse because you're preventing the sites you frequent, including sites where you watch videos, from receiving revenue. This discussion is stupid.

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2019-03-07, 00:02

Cassette wrote:Using a video downloader is no worse than using an ad-blocker. In fact, an ad-blocker is probably worse because you're preventing the sites you frequent, including sites where you watch videos, from receiving revenue. This discussion is stupid.
Meh
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

3dreal
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by 3dreal » 2019-03-18, 23:34

therube wrote:@3dreal, just what is the point, question, issue, in your post?

Any particular reason you want to "convert" a video (which almost always entails quality loss - unless you're just changing its container)?
netvideohunter -not supported anymore and not really working-has some alternatives listed for downloading.
onlinevideoconverter is working for me. but i must open the site.
Last edited by 3dreal on 2019-03-19, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

3dreal
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: Alternative to Downloadhelper:Cometbird

Unread post by 3dreal » 2019-03-19, 02:17

I have just found an alternative: Cometbird. About to try out. lets hope the best
http://www.cometbird.com/
instructions:
https://www.cometforums.com/topic/12793 ... ad-videos/