Links to Tutorials to Build Add-Ons?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

firefoxed

Links to Tutorials to Build Add-Ons?

Unread post by firefoxed » 2019-02-24, 01:09

Howdy,

I'm interested in getting started with the basics of creating Pale Moon add-ons. With all the changes in what "Add-Ons" mean over the past few years I'm not sure what to Google (what information would be relevant to Pale Moon). Would some of you happen to know some relevant tutorials suitable for beginners? Not talking about introduction to coding, but introduction to the whole add-on ecosystem.

Thanks in advance!

ps: I've seen the thread titled How to create a Pale Moon targeted extension but it's not a tutorial about add-ons per se.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Links to Tutorials to Build Add-Ons?

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-02-24, 02:48

I've summarized a few pointers in a previous post of mine, here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18878&p=139058#p139058
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

firefoxed

Unread post by firefoxed » 2019-02-24, 08:08

Fantastic. Thank you @Isengrim.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-24, 12:41

You can also look at other existing extensions for reference.
I wrote https://gitlab.com/vannilla/SortTabsBy and I believe it's one of the smallest extension out there, so you should be able to easily understand the structure.