Trying to get uMatrix on the UXP add-on site

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Trying to get uMatrix on the UXP add-on site

Unread post by Michaell » 2019-02-22, 01:18

Traced it down to a glitch in the matrix, not ematrix :) It's weird but that one font was not in the XPI zip I created from your last release but it was in the local folder I created it from; and the fonts in the Roboto folder were still there. First time I've seen this. (Or my Virus Shield could have deleted it maybe.)
Win10home(1709), PM33.0.0-portable as of Feb 1, '24

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-22, 12:40

NotWorthKnowing wrote:Traced it down to a glitch in the matrix, not ematrix :) It's weird but that one font was not in the XPI zip I created from your last release but it was in the local folder I created it from; and the fonts in the Roboto folder were still there. First time I've seen this. (Or my Virus Shield could have deleted it maybe.)
Good to see it solved already.
I re-checked the last XPI I created and the font is there, so there's probably some other software's meddling here.
By the way, I added that XPI to Gitlab as the extension is not yet available on APMO/ABO yet.
NotWorthKnowing wrote: I think most English-speakers will pronounce that greek letter as "n" not "e". With uMatrix at least the letters looked almost alike. (I first started calling it microMatrix.) He gave up the greek letter in practical use. So, do what you want; might be like the Pale Moon vs. Palemoon battle though (although those do sound the same).
Maybe if I use "eMatrix" enough time people will start associating η with "e".
But time will tell.
NotWorthKnowing wrote: One thing that would help a little when graphic fonts aren't loading is to eliminate the double tooltips. One justs shows eMatrix and hides part of the descriptive tooltip. Tooltip meaning the little yellow popups that show on hover.
Yes, that's bothering me too: https://gitlab.com/vannilla/ematrix/issues/4
KSAKS wrote: Ok thank you, I will post there if I find some way how to reproduce it on clean browser. For now I've tried to replace Adblock Latitude with ABPrime and there is not that issue and the rest seems to be also working fine.
Thanks for the help.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-02-25, 18:10

Congratulations on putting eMatrix up on APMO and ABO.

At present it's not possible to search for eMatrix on either site using the sites' own search functions,
regardless if spelled with an "e" or an eta ( "η" ).
Searches on ematrix and ηmatrix both come up dry.

Can this be remedied ?
(in particular for searching with the "e" spelling)

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-02-25, 19:49

coffeebreak wrote:Congratulations on putting eMatrix up on APMO and ABO.

At present it's not possible to search for eMatrix on either site using the sites' own search functions,
regardless if spelled with an "e" or an eta ( "η" ).
Searches on ematrix and ηmatrix both come up dry.

Can this be remedied ?
(in particular for searching with the "e" spelling)
To be honest, I don't know what's up either.
Well, actually I have a suspect, but I couldn't get around to check it for a number of reasons (one of which is that I forgot.)
I'll see if I can do it within the week.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-02-25, 19:58

Phoebus search engine is using Search Tags exclusively. If there is no "ηMatrix" or "eMatrix" in the search tags you will not be able to find this extension using this names.