- Other comments are appreciated in general.
Thank you for undertaking this.
I'm seeing the following issue (PM 28.4, Win 7 x86, fresh profile where uMatrix was never installed and no settings were imported):
The eMatrix popup goes blank on certain sites after a few minutes of browsing,
and can only be restored by restarting the browser.
Specifically, this has happened on amazon.com
(sites that have numerous requests from multiple domains, i.e. where the popup needs to quickly get large, at least that's how I interpret it).
I've reproduced the issue several times on both sites:
- Open the "heavy" site (amazon, youtube) and browse for about five minutes (open a few tabs, do some searches and some page refreshes);
- the popup goes completely blank, not just on amazon or youtube, but in any tab of any other domain that happens to be open;
- if the logger happened to be already open, it was still possible to use the version of the popup available via the logger; however if the logger was not already open there was no way to open it, since the buttons to do so have been removed from the eMatrix entry in the add-ons manager;
- Once blank, the popup could only be restored by restarting the browser.
Since the popup is the means to interact with a page, when it goes blank eMatrix is broken.
vannilla wrote:I'm not ready to take over completely yet, so bugfixes and whatnot will have to wait, but if I can submit it, at the very least we can install it without having to look for archives or build it ourselves.
I'd like to comment on this.
I have been using uMatrix 1.1.4 and earlier (from GitHub) in one of my profiles for a while and have never found that to be a "difficulty", or jumping through a "hoop", nor even marginally inconvenient. And the extension works extremely well.
It would be nice to have an xul fork of uMatrix on APMO, and I would happily use such a fork if it works well.
What matters to me is simply that it work well. So admittedly, I wish that the priorities you've expressed were reversed.