Firefox extension version history

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Kuanor

Firefox extension version history

Unread post by Kuanor » 2019-01-13, 17:06

As I remember, if one is looking for a plug-in and Palemoon doesn't have a native one with the required functionality, one can try finding a Firefox extensions and scroll down the version history until it doesn't complain about a too old "Firefox" version.

Now, their extension version history seems to show only the most recent 25 versions. Is this new and some kind of an attack on forks, an attempt to save server disc space, or am I too blind to find a "show older versions" button?
Is there a way to view them still?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Firefox extension version history

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-13, 19:57

I hate to say it but this has been a deliberate move by Mozilla to remove all extensions from their add-ons site which they marked as "legacy" (i.e. all extensions that aren't WebExtensions). Previous versions of what has been rewritten as WebExtensions were also included in this deletion, so the "all versions" will no longer show you versions that are compatible with Pale Moon, because those versions have been removed from their servers.

There are currently 2 active repositories that you can use instead:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kuanor

Re: Firefox extension version history

Unread post by Kuanor » 2019-01-13, 20:38

Thanks!
So it is a hostile move. Wow, didn't expect that from Mozilla. O.o

While waiting for this thread to be confirmed, I found your recent one and inside the two links you just posted. Indeed, they solved my problem*, but still, wow...

*not really, but as good as an outdated extension can, I guess.