Pale Moon Uptime and Alarm

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

pmBill

Pale Moon Uptime and Alarm

Unread post by pmBill » 2019-01-08, 19:41

It would be nice to have an extension that shows how long Pale Moon as been "up" and running,
with an optional settable Alarm to go off when it is reached so the user can then restart or close and reopen Pale Moon.
(however many hours, probably in hour increments / drop-down choosing)

(PM is unstable, and has some memory leaks or something, and always has, so it needs to be "reset" at some point before it crashes HARD)

And the alarm should have a Reminder Alarm, also settable, so that it reminds you after the initial Alarm.
(like every hour or whatever, in 15-minute or half hour increments)

That would be a really nice extension to have. (I would make it if I could)

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Pale Moon Uptime and Alarm

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-01-08, 20:08

Off-topic:
I'd reccomend also reporting this crash bug with the approriate info (unless it's viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20882 ).

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Pale Moon Uptime and Alarm

Unread post by therube » 2019-01-10, 07:49

Not really having anything to go on, if I had to guess, I would guess an Out Of Memory related issue.
And if that, no direct correlation between OOM & "time", so a simple time based notification might not be of value.

Something that monitored memory usage & said, "hey, you're using 2+ GB or RAM so you might think about...".

Anyhow you should be able to "manually" determine situations like that by examining Task Manager (or similar), periodically.