Ublock Origin Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Ublock Origin

Unread post by doofy » 2018-12-11, 00:37

Seems to be gorhill stating in 2015 that he don't commit to nothing.

Which seems a perfectly reasonable position.

If your post had a point it passed way over my head.

Maybe you have issues with gorhill? In which case you are stoopid.

Maybe you want us to believe that you have an indefinite commitment to PM? In which case you are stoopid.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-11, 02:00

@doofy I don't even. Except, my commitments are well known.

@Everyone else
He hasn't committed to anything past keeping the code in existence since 2015.. NOT that he is going to work on it much if at all.. Indeed he wanted someone else to work on it..

He HAS been hostile to us as are his users and followers. This is a pattern of hostility that started with him.. NOT me. I respond in kind even though perhaps I shouldn't. As a matter of public record, when he was showing signs of taking care of his users whom also use Pale Moon.. I applauded that.. THEN he became intolerable again once again hostile to the Pale Moon project, to me, and anyone who had issues with his extension on Pale Moon.

JUST because YOU were not paying attention doesn't mean it didn't happen and just because you refuse to remain ignorant doesn't mean I am not rightfully still upset for the treatment of this Project or its users from Gorhill.

The fact he still calls us "Legacy Firefox Users" is a direct insult to the collective project that has grown far beyond one Firefox fork. His words are always deliberate and make no mistake his choice of designation for us is as well.

IF any of you ublock users are so damned concerned about the "Legacy Firefox Extension" then instead of trying to rewrite history, which much of it exists on this very forum btw, try actually learning to do something.. ANYTHING for christ sakes.. Please help Gorhill keep your general purpose content blocker alive.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-11, 02:16, edited 14 times in total.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-12-11, 02:12

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:JUST because YOU were not paying attention doesn't mean it didn't happen and just because you refuse to remain ignorant doesn't mean I am not rightfully still upset for the treatment of this Project or its users from Gorhill.
But grown ups do not respond like this. Only children do. Young children.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-12-11, 02:26

This is getting tiring. Can we please move on to something resembling a productive conversation? Thanks.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-12-11, 05:29

The main point here, in my view, is that Pale Moon users should be able to participate in threads concerning uBO without the thread getting dive-bombed with attacks on the project and its developer. Regardless what anyone's opinions are.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:He HAS been hostile to us as are his users and followers.

That doesn't jibe with anything that I've seen or experienced connected with the uBO project.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:He hasn't committed to anything past...

Gorhill has every right to commit his time and energy based on the needs of his own project as he sees them.

I'm fine with the level of support committed to.

UBO works as I want it to. It's mature, full-featured, there are no new features that I personally would wish for,
and if something breaks, there are channels to get it fixed.

If someone knowledgeable forked the xul branch, that would be nice - but if not, at least to me, it's still good.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-11, 06:00

Off-topic:
That's the time-out bench for the lot of you (doofy, coffeebreak, tobin). Seriously, go cool off a few days; you're welcome back after.

Oh, and if you still have a chip on your shoulder after cooling off, please take it private. I don't care who starts this kind of argument, who is right, who is wrong, or who is called a liar. I'm sure one of you is "more right" than the other, but please resolve it as adults next time instead of throwing personal accusations back and forth.
I apologize if my reaction to this seems brusk, but I really get tired of seeing this happen.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-12-11, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite