Request for compatibility support of download manager software browser extension

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Gaurav Sahare

Request for compatibility support of download manager software browser extension

Unread post by Gaurav Sahare » 2018-10-28, 12:58

I am using Pale Moon v28.1.0 64 bit in Windows 10 64 Bit. My problem is Pale Moon does not support compatibility of offline Firefox add-ons (xpi) of download manager (latest builds) such as IDM(Internet Download Manager), Eagleget, XDM(Xtreme Download Manager), FDM(Free Download Manager) etc. Therefore no download manager could catch downloadable files, only manually copy the download link from Pale Moon browser and paste to download manager. But this think always not work, however some file hosting or sharing websites does not allow to capture exect download link due to URL issue. I already contact above departments and these departments replied as this fault is actually present in Pale Moon, so we cannot handle this fault even if our product support advance browser monitoring.
I request to update compatibility support for current offline add-ons, not for vintage add-ons.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Request for compatibility support of download manager software browser extension

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-10-28, 14:20

It's up to the extension developers to support the browser, not the other way around.
If they said they won't support Pale Moon, then those extensions will not work with this browser.
That said, the people at IDM made it clear already (search the forum!) that they don't want to support Pale Moon, multiple times at that.
I don't know about the others, but if they answered your requests with a no, then there's nothing any of us can do.

Trapper
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Request for compatibility support of download manager software browser extension

Unread post by Trapper » 2018-10-28, 17:55

IDM works in conjunction with Flashgot v1.5.6.14. The only thing that doesn't work with this combo is IDM's Download Panel button (for videos).

For video downloading, a combination of Ant Video Downloader 2.4.7.50, NetVideoHunter 1.20 and Youtube-DLG will get you almost every video on any site.

I know, it's a PITA jumping through all these hoops, using multiple extensions, but at least it's doable (for the most part).

palem
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by palem » 2018-11-07, 09:09

And to download files other than video you can use an add-on Turbo Download Manager 0.3.4 or DownThemAll! 3.0.8

Souris

Unread post by Souris » 2018-11-07, 18:51

Free Download Manager also works in Pale Moon with FlashGot 1.5.6.14 installed. A useful feature of FDM is that you can set it to scan files with your anti-virus program on completion of downloads. I’m running Pale Moon v28.1.0 64-bit in Windows 7 64-bit, so I don’t know if it would work the same in Windows 10.

lllbob

Unread post by lllbob » 2018-11-24, 05:13

Souris wrote:Free Download Manager also works in Pale Moon with FlashGot 1.5.6.14 installed. A useful feature of FDM is that you can set it to scan files with your anti-virus program on completion of downloads. I’m running Pale Moon v28.1.0 64-bit in Windows 7 64-bit, so I don’t know if it would work the same in Windows 10.
Free Download Manager?..... and where is this at exactly.. huhuh.. sounds good tho... have a url for it? let us know.
Oh and what version of it... for versions matter.
I am Using PM 28.2.1... 64BIT.

...While IDM is not picking up the video urls now on pale moon.....
* BUT IDM does still detect .zip and .iso files.. without even an addon integration. i tested it. with the latest idm too.

SO why is IDM STILL picking up .ZIP files and .ISO files? ....and that is without NO integration addon enabled or even installed...
Strange.. if it can detect .zip and .iso files.. then why not video files too?.... hmmm..... i dunno...
and that is with NO addon integration even installed. You may need to have idm loaded up first.. not sure. but yeh.. .zip and .iso. still good here.
I dunno.. just saying.. idm still working for .zip and .iso...

- and yes.. u can mod the addon install file.. and it will install just fine.. but it still will not pick up video urls. :-/
- so it's just like it is now.. lol.. not worky.. but it did install tho... lol... I dunno... weird that .zip and .iso still works fine...
- but not any video files.. mp4.. etc ... etc... hmmm... any ideas? I'm just saying is all.. i dunno...

- Maybe IDM will get updated.. i dunno.. until then.. I have to load up crapFox to get any vid urls. or muti file Download speeds with idm.
- BUT the latest org Firefox has broken staus-4-evar. and Hide caption title bar.:-/
- So without out those 2... i don't even think so firefox.. nope. not at all. i don't even think so.
* If it ain't broke.. Don't fix it! :-/ BUT Everyone has fixed it. LOL! both of them.. indeed.
and now their both broken. :-/ uhgggg! please stop fixing it. LOLOL!

* and also my pm pdf viewer is broken now too.. :-/ * If it ain't broke.. Don't fix it!

There's is no need to break things that work fine.. been using win98 - win10 without any updates.. No problems here. never.
until win10.. i had to block all the microsoft spyware with my firewall. lol..just to stop the updates. since they took that option away. :-/
Not on my watch... i don't even think so microsoft. Ain't nothing connecting out without me allowing it. i assure u that.
and win10 has a ton of spyware in it.. a TON. like.. wow! indeed. like wow!

And the default windows firewall will allow it ALL OUT!.. not on my watch... i don't even think so.
OF Course.. I do beef up me browser a bit.. with Noscript.. Ublock Origin.. etc.. and some more things.
BUT yeah... default windows firewall is about useless.. It does NOT prevent OUTgoing connections!
* YOUR router already blocks incoming connections.. So again.. windows firewall is useless!
... So that Trojan u just downloaded just sent OUT all of your info u just typed in. LOL! not on my watch. huhuh....
... cause windows firewall does not ask to allow OUT.. it just allows it. LOL! ouch. understand now?

... been there.. done that.. Get a software firewall that is not windows.. please. thanks. come again.
* and if it isn't broken.. then please stop fixing it.. PLEASE. uhggg... lol

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2018-11-24, 08:11

Gaurav Sahare wrote:I am using Pale Moon v28.1.0 64 bit in Windows 10 64 Bit. My problem is Pale Moon does not support compatibility of offline Firefox add-ons (xpi) of download manager (latest builds) such as IDM(Internet Download Manager), Eagleget, XDM(Xtreme Download Manager), FDM(Free Download Manager) etc. Therefore no download manager could catch downloadable files, only manually copy the download link from Pale Moon browser and paste to download manager. But this think always not work, however some file hosting or sharing websites does not allow to capture exect download link due to URL issue.
By using PM Inspector (Ctrl + Shift + I ), network tab/Media section, you can intercept 99.99% of video links available on the web. Then you can copy the URI of the link in whatever download software you like.
Last edited by snertev on 2018-11-24, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.