Toggle javascript per tab

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

PalleP
Fanatic
Fanatic

Toggle javascript per tab

Unread post by PalleP » 2018-10-15, 15:19

"Toggle javascript" is a fine extension, but I would prefer one able to toggle the javascript per tab. Is such an extension available?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Toggle javascript per tab

Unread post by therube » 2018-10-15, 16:29

FF Quantum, with NoScript 10, can enable JavaScript - for a tab.

Otherwise, I'm not aware of extension to do that.
(And I say that having not used any extension except for NoScript for blocking JavaScript.)

With NoScript 5, you might be able to do something similar using a "work-around"?
Like I'll do that with banks, where they'll time-out your session.
Bank requires JavaScript to log in.
So I have it enabled at that point.
And then I open my accounts in separate tabs.
But then I disable JavaScript for the bank, so that my bank tabs won't time out.
(They actually do, but at least the tabs don't revert back to a "signin" page, so that I'm still able to view my data, well after the time-out, without having to log back in again.)
Last edited by therube on 2018-10-15, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-10-15, 16:42

Before posting, you might first want to try searching for addons at APMO, this forum, or AMO. For example, ScriptBlock works well.
javascript-addons.jpg

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-10-15, 17:06

(I would assume that those extensions simply toggle the value of javascript.enabled (?) & in that respect, is global, & not tab specific, which the OP seems to want.)
Last edited by therube on 2018-10-15, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-10-15, 17:16

therube wrote:(I would assume that those extensions simply toggle the value of javascript.enabled (?) & in that respect, is global, & not tab specific, which the OP seems to want.)
maybe for the second extension, but the first one looks similar to YesScript, which allows you to toggle javascript per tab, but in the opposite manner done by NoScript which is why it's inferior

PalleP
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by PalleP » 2018-10-15, 18:28

riiis wrote:Before posting, you might first want to try searching for addons at APMO, this forum, or AMO. For example, ScriptBlock works well.
Thank you for this. ScriptBlock does exactly what I want. It uses a blacklist, so it will remember my choice, but that is fine with me as long as I am able to toggle the Javascript on and off per tab, with a simple button on the toolbar :thumbup:
PS. I have previously been using "Yesscript", but try now to only have extensions listed on the PM add-on site.
Last edited by PalleP on 2018-10-15, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.