Annoying Music/Audio on Tabs

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

BobbyW
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Annoying Music/Audio on Tabs

Unread post by BobbyW » 2018-09-21, 01:09

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, I've done searches to no avail, so I still need some help.

I use tabs, & many times I go from one tab to another when I'm researching something.

In short time I can easily have 5 to 10 tabs going on the browser.

This is the problem.........one of them has a video on it that starts playing.....could be an ad that is pitching a product, or it could be music, a song, or just something noisy & distracting, but which tab, or which tabs, which one(s) are doing this?

So, now I have to annoyingly stop my research, & go from tab to tab hoping to find the culprit(s), & pause the video or whatever is playing.

What I seem to remember is a while back I was reading about this problem & someone described something that whenever a video or some other player became activated playing something, a speaker Icon would appear on the right tab corner of the tab it's playing on.......and all the user needed to do is simply look at the tabs.....see the speaker Icon.....click on the Icon.....& the sounds stopped on that particular tab! The icon remained with a slash through it noting that all sounds were stopped on that tab, but only on that tab. That's what I would need.

Does anyone know about this? Can something like this be activated within the browser itself, or is an add-on/extension required?

If you know what can help me, could you be so kind to direct me to the right place to find resolution of this problem, maybe the name of an extension or add-on, or whatever I can do to accomplish this.

PS.......may technical skills are very limited, but I know how to follow precise directions very well....

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Annoying Music/Audio on Tabs

Unread post by doofy » 2018-09-21, 01:18

BobbyW
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by BobbyW » 2018-09-21, 04:25

Image Thanks for the response doofy....works very nice.....only one small bug, it works with the tabs context menu only....or Ctrl+M.....but just clicking the icon does nothing except place focus on the tab. It says it should work in the extension's description, but it also says for PM v25.0 - 27* & I'm using the latest v28. It prolly needs a slight revision by the author. Image

Thanks very much.....it's 110% better than hunting for the culprit(s), & by that time I've already completely lost all train of thought...

Thanks.....Image
Last edited by BobbyW on 2018-09-21, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-21, 07:36

BobbyW wrote:but just clicking the icon does nothing except place focus on the tab
working as intended for me on PM 28. might be something with a theme or tabs extension you're using