Pentadactyl changed the palemoon window's name to its own name Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Roranicus

Pentadactyl changed the palemoon window's name to its own name

Unread post by Roranicus » 2018-09-19, 21:04

I tried pentadactyl for a while, didn't like it, and disabled it. The problem is though, that now, the Palemoon window is called "Pentadactyl". Ignoring how intrusive it is for an addon to rename the browser after itself, how do I change that back? I looked through about:config, but couldn't find anything, not that it's easy when not knowing what to look for.

http://i.imgur.com/GZWK4Oa.png Here's a screenshot, if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about. I'm using Palemoon 28.0.1 on Debian Stretch.

yami_

Re: Pentadactyl changed the palemoon window's name to its own name

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-09-19, 22:20

Did you try restarting the browser?

Roranicus

Unread post by Roranicus » 2018-09-19, 22:24

Well, now I feel like a moron. I seemed to remember doing it earlier, but I did it just to be sure, and it fixed it.

Oh well, guess that'll teach me to make half-ass attempts at fixing annoyances during my lunch break, and then start a thread the second I finish work.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-09-19, 22:43

Since Pentadactyl is a bootstrapped extension the add-on manager will not suggest restarting the browser after disabling it. While most bootstrapped extensions are restartless (you can enable/disable them without restarting the browser), Pentadactyl requires a browser restart to be fully enabled/disabled.