Taking page screenshot

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

fifonik

Taking page screenshot

Unread post by fifonik » 2018-09-13, 03:05

I can open dev tools and click the camera icon to take page screenshot.
Or I can press Shift + F2, type 'screenshot filename.png' to do the same.

However, is there any way to trigger these actions with simple button on toolbar accessible without opening dev tools or installing extensions like FireShot?

Thanks.

P.S. As I'm already using Custom Buttons extension, I've found existing solution that works after little modification. Still, I'd prefer to use in-build feature if possible. Not sure why the "take screenshot" button is hidden under the dev tools.
Last edited by fifonik on 2018-09-13, 04:19, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Taking page screenshot

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-18, 09:10

fifonik wrote:However, is there any way to trigger these actions with simple button on toolbar accessible without opening dev tools or installing extensions like FireShot?
No, because taking a page screenshot is functionality that is provided outside of the browser core. You have to install an extension or use the devtools.
That being said, you can take a screenshot of hat is displayed in the browser window by pressing Alt+PrtScr, which will place a screenshot of the active window on the clipboard -- paste-able in any paint program to edit further and save.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite