Problems with drag-n-drop after some time in PM28

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

alancast

Problems with drag-n-drop after some time in PM28

Unread post by alancast » 2018-08-31, 12:08

When I just upgraded PM to 28, it didn't work properly, so I thought a lot of addons became incompatible.

Then I found that if I turn on or off any addon and restart, PM28 works well again.

But after some time drag-&-drop stops working.
In particular, Super Drag stops working, and tabs become not draggable. Even if I disable TabMixPlus.

I still try to find which of the addons may be responsible (Update Scanner maybe?), but maybe the problem is not in addons but rather in memory use or something?

Any ideas?

I'm tired to change addons and restart every time to restore drag&drop functionality.

Besides, after I reinstalled MinimizeToTray Revived, minimizing to tray stopped working at all, any version I tried.
Which is strange, because before reinstalling the same version was working.
Last edited by alancast on 2018-08-31, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Problems with drag-n-drop after some time in PM28

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-08-31, 13:51

Have you tried making a new profile?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

alancast

Re: Problems with drag-n-drop after some time in PM28

Unread post by alancast » 2018-08-31, 15:00

Night Wing wrote:Have you tried making a new profile?
I tried Palemoon Portable 28 (almost without addons), and it seems it doesn't have such problem. (Though I didn't use it much).

The problem I mentioned often happens after I scan pages with Update Scanner, and then I watch a new page with diff's.

It's made by placing some big amount of info into the address bar - like:

chrome://updatescan/content/diffPage.xul?...

or

data:text/html...

So can it be that placing a large chunk of info into the address bar somehow hinders further work of the browser?

Earlier, it led to almost freezing (in Firefox too), but perhaps not in recent versions.
Last edited by alancast on 2018-08-31, 15:01, edited 2 times in total.