Autofill Login Data doesn't work anymore w/ v28

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Justa User

Autofill Login Data doesn't work anymore w/ v28

Unread post by Justa User » 2018-08-24, 14:32

I'm using add-ons by David Dawson to auto-fill login fields in the browser. Since PM v28, neither "Saved Password Editor" nor "Classic Password Editor" is able to automatically fill those fields anymore. That is probably THE most important feature in a browser for me since my memory is getting old and I can't be bothered to type those out all the time. Is there a viable alternative or better yet, a fix?

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Autofill Login Data doesn't work anymore w/ v28

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-08-24, 17:54

I use Classic Password Editor 1.0.3 from APMO with PM 28.

It works fine here.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-24, 21:14

Preferences/Security/Automatically fill in log-in details

Try it.

Justa User

Unread post by Justa User » 2018-08-25, 22:39

That did the trick, thank you.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-25, 22:54

You are welcome. By the way, neither of those two extensions does the auto-filling. It's the browser that does it. Check the Pale Moon 27.7.0 security/privacy fixes to see why this happened.

Justa User

Unread post by Justa User » 2018-08-26, 14:49

back2themoon wrote:By the way, neither of those two extensions does the auto-filling. It's the browser that does it.
I'm not so sure about that. I think the extensions did at least override the intended new behavior until v28 since it kept working. Or, before v28 auto-filling was kept switched on by default - dunno about that.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-08-26, 15:18

Justa User wrote:Or, before v28 auto-filling was kept switched on by default - dunno about that.

There were changes made to autofilling passwords as of Pale Moon 27.7.

Release notes:
Release notes for version 27 releases wrote: 27.7.0 (2018-01-15)

Disabled automatic filling in of log-in details by default to prevent potential risks of credentials being abused (e.g.
for tracking) or stolen.
Added a preference (in the category security) to easily enable or disable automatic filling in of log-in data.

ag_pob

Unread post by ag_pob » 2018-10-05, 17:30

well, that was weird. I searched the forum, found some advice, but before I could try any of it my saved password logins started to show again. I had NOT downloaded/opened/updated anything or done anything out of the ordinary yesterday. Shut down browser, disconnected the router, shut down PC - all as usual. Turned everything on and connected today, and none of my saved password sites showed login passwords. Went to 'security' tab and all the saved passwords were still there. Searched the PaleMoon forums, but before I could apply any suggestions, saved password logins are now working normal again! I did nothing to any settings! Running Win7 64 bit. Been on Pale Moon V28.1.0 64 bit for a few days now with no other anomalies. Weird... anyway, it works again, yay!

bofis

Unread post by bofis » 2019-01-10, 17:12

I find that the setting is not the issue here, there is something else going on since v28 where I'll open Pale Moon fresh, put in my password to allow filling in of credentials and it just won't work. If I restart the browser, it then works. It's like sometimes it loads up and just won't do it at all, no matter what, for any sites, and then after restarting, it will. Though today I've restarted it a dozen times and it's still just NOT filling in logins or passwords, even when I click into fields that it will otherwise fill in usually.