Right-click menu no longer showing my add-ons.

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

fallingup79

Right-click menu no longer showing my add-ons.

Unread post by fallingup79 » 2013-02-12, 02:24

I used to have a lot of add-ons that showed up in the context menu when I right-click...they don't anymore. Can anyone help?

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Right-click menu no longer showing my add-ons.

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-02-12, 15:27

For a standalone Application + Plugin (eg: Free Download Manager) there is usually an "Add to context menu" Dialogue box or Customize button somewhere in the App's "Settings" menus. For Add-ons/Extensions any context menu selections will be available from the "Options" button accessed via browser Add-ons Manager and perhaps the Add-on's toolbar button. Updates may not always respect these settings so worth checking. If you are unlucky this may indicate an Add-on compatibility problem eg: Float Notes: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... s&r=6&as=s

There are many Add-ons, Stylish scripts and direct CSS scripts that will alter/hide/create Pale Moon context menu items - I don't suppose you have recently, perhaps inadvertently, added something that is acting to suppress/hide your previous right-click context menu selections?

One other thought is that we are in the throws of "the great dumbing down" :thumbdown: .... many favourite applications (and websites) are having previously available options chopped out of newer versions to meet the supposed needs of stubby fingers on Pads and Touchscreens. If still supported (and even sometimes if not) you may well find more features are available on an older version.

Full name, version number and/or link for one or more of the affected Add-ons would be useful? :)

Apollo702

Re: Right-click menu no longer showing my add-ons.

Unread post by Apollo702 » 2013-02-12, 23:32

Blacklab wrote:For a standalone Application + Plugin (eg: Free Download Manager) there is usually an "Add to context menu" Dialogue box or Customize button somewhere in the App's "Settings" menus. For Add-ons/Extensions any context menu selections will be available from the "Options" button accessed via browser Add-ons Manager and perhaps the Add-on's toolbar button. Updates may not always respect these settings so worth checking. If you are unlucky this may indicate an Add-on compatibility problem eg: Float Notes: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... s&r=6&as=s
FDM traditionally has been plagued with compatibility problems. IMO the best download manager is DownThemAll!- but if your connection is fast enough download managers may not offer enough benefits to justify their headaches. Also, a better alternative to the dying Floatnotes is Quickfox Notes.
Blacklab wrote:There are many Add-ons, Stylish scripts and direct CSS scripts that will alter/hide/create Pale Moon context menu items - I don't suppose you have recently, perhaps inadvertently, added something that is acting to suppress/hide your previous right-click context menu selections?
Perhaps the OP used one of the menu editing add-ons? The original post lacked that detail. When you start running many add-ons the context menu quickly becomes overrun. Even many quality add-ons have unnecessary entries and some pruning becomes a necessity. However, I have never(yet) seen any add-ons block other context entries. CSS and Stylish are a whole other matter.

Blacklab wrote:One other thought is that we are in the throws of "the great dumbing down" :thumbdown: .... many favourite applications (and websites) are having previously available options chopped out of newer versions to meet the supposed needs of stubby fingers on Pads and Touchscreens. If still supported (and even sometimes if not) you may well find more features are available on an older version.
We live in a Palin, Kardtrashian, Tebow era. Our stars aren't even stars. Poseur musicians who can't sing, play an instrument, write a song... make millions. We worship politicians who don't know and don't want to know. Turn on your TV and the majority of the programming is cheap fake "reality" shows. People think that the whole internet are the infernal Facebook and Twitter. Look at how Facebooks pages are desert bare and people are addicted to it. Look at how JC Pennys, Microsoft, The Gap... all have the same damn minimalist blocky designs in their logos! Maybe some of this is recession psychology and as the recovery grows everything wont have to be so beaten down?

Blacklab wrote: Full name, version number and/or link for one or more of the affected Add-ons would be useful? :)
Perhaps Fallingup could post a dumplist of his add-ons? The Extension List Dumper add-on is there to make that into an easy process.