bug: downthemall & palemoon 15.x

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

atomicdryad

bug: downthemall & palemoon 15.x

Unread post by atomicdryad » 2013-02-11, 06:22

Summary: In 'Down Them All!' preferences, filter list is blank.

This is a UI bug. The filters are -present-, it's just that the list itself is collapsed into nothingness. This has been an issue both the portable and normal versions of palemoon (32bit) since 15.0 till 15.4.1, in winxp sp3 and windows 7. This is definitely a palemoon bug, as I cannot reproduce it in firefox portable 15; see screenshot below for what the preference should look like (in ffportable 15) vs what it looks like in palemoon 15. This occurs with completely clean profiles.

I -think- this may be an issue with one of the default prefs perhaps, I'll attempt to poke at things with dom inspector to investigate further. I hope there's a way to fix this in palemoon 15, I'm very pleased with it, and have no interest in firefox 18 since it's an addon-breaking POS.

To reproduce: install downthemall, go to tools -> downthemall -> preferences, click on 'filters'

f7501518ec291596c92536c3d8b8f39b *FirefoxPortable15/Data/profile/extensions/{DDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8}.xpi
f7501518ec291596c92536c3d8b8f39b *palemoon15/User/Palemoon/Profiles/Default/extensions/{DDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8}.xpi

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: bug: downthemall & palemoon 15.x

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-02-11, 06:54

Hmm.. one thing you may try is setting browser.preferences.animateFadeIn to false; it's possible DTA's preferences dialog doesn't like that. If that fixes it, you may want to let the DTA people know since it may break their addon on Macs as well (MacOS Firefox has this pref enabled by default as well)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

atomicdryad

Re: bug: downthemall & palemoon 15.x

Unread post by atomicdryad » 2013-02-11, 09:59

I was just about to post a userChrome.css fix, but "browser.preferences.animateFadeIn"=false fixed it!

Odd that palemoon triggers a mac bug in win* (it's the same thing, dta has a mac-specific .css with min-height's, and that's what I was using for fixing via userChrome.css).

I'll poke the dta devs, though they've started a rewrite that requires ff17+. Perhaps browser.preferences.animateFadeIn should be false by default on palemoon? Or at, at least add a "down them all's prefs are broken, help!" faq entry. Then again DTA is a common addon, I'm surprised noone's posted about this before.