My extension is broken on PM28 and the dev console is gone when it's enabled

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

oinkoink

My extension is broken on PM28 and the dev console is gone when it's enabled

Unread post by oinkoink » 2018-08-16, 17:15

I maintain a fork of an extension for Pale Moon and updating to v28 broke it. When I start up Pale Moon with the extension enabled, the web developer menu is nearly empty: it only has "page source". When I disable the extension, the menu has all the expected tools in it.

I'm not sure how to fix my extension for PM 28 without the developer console. As far as I know, the extension should not be touching anything with the developer menu, so I'm not sure why it's suddenly disappeared. Is there a log on the file system that I can turn on to find out what's going on? I tried the "load temporary add-on" button in about:debugging but after I select my xci nothing happens. It doesn't appear in the list of extensions and no debugger window opens.

JustOff

Re: My extension is broken on PM28 and the dev console is gone when it's enabled

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-08-16, 17:23

Use the -jsconsole CLI parameter to start Pale Moon with the Error Console.

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 16.08.2018 20:18:52
Error: TypeError: FullScreen.mouseoverToggle is undefined
Source File: chrome://treestyletab/content/windowHelper.js
Line: 281

Error: TypeError: TST is undefined
Source File: resource://treestyletab-modules/browserUIShowHideObserver.js
Line: 130

Error: ReferenceError: gSessionHistoryObserver is not defined
Source File: chrome://treestyletab/content/windowHelper.js line 30 > eval
Line: 73

oinkoink

Re: My extension is broken on PM28 and the dev console is gone when it's enabled

Unread post by oinkoink » 2018-08-16, 17:45

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. This is going to be a lot of effort to fix...

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-08-16, 17:58

It's sad that you were not available for so long, because the compatibility issue was reported more than two months ago. But better late than never, so welcome back, I'm sure that all TST users are looking forward to solving this problem.
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-08-16, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

oinkoink

Unread post by oinkoink » 2018-08-16, 18:38

Honestly, I didn't expect any breaking changes this severe, so I didn't pay attention.

an_authentic

Unread post by an_authentic » 2018-08-17, 10:16

we wait, believe and hope for the correction of TST :thumbup: thank you for porting and supporting this extension to PM!

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-08-17, 22:00

Oh man, I sure hope you can fix TST. I sure miss it. :angel:

oinkoink

Unread post by oinkoink » 2018-08-17, 23:03

There are a few minor bugs left but today or tomorrow I will be releasing a new version that at least isn't completely broken.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-08-18, 11:29

Hurray! TST is working again. :thumbup: :clap: :mrgreen:

Tree Style Tabs for Pale Moon 0.0.3
https://github.com/oinkin/treestyletab/ ... nkoink.xpi

And so far, it is playing nice with Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.5pre.180718a1 :angel:

I will admit, I don't use all the features of TST as I don't need the actual
tree effects of the add on. I use it simply for the side tab feature.
But so far, it seems to work perfect for me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :thumbup:

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2018-08-18, 16:07

Excellent! Thank you very much for the update! (And thanks to Thehandyman1957 for the notification!)

Middle-clicking (or Ctrl + left-clicking) on a link doesn't open the new tab as a child of the current tab (which I assume is one of the remaining minor bugs you mentioned), but right-click > "Open link in new tab" will have to do as a workaround for now. Apart from that, everything seems to be working fine. Again, thank you - the lack of TST was all that kept me from upgrading the browser before! I really have come to rely on this extension.

majormom

Unread post by majormom » 2018-08-18, 17:14

Whooopeeee the TST is working again.
What I had to do was disable
1. tab groups 0.3
2. TST 0.14.0201xxxxx

I haven't removed them from the "add-on" section. Just disabled
I miss the tab groups but the biggest item I use is the TST.
Thank you.

oinkoink

Unread post by oinkoink » 2018-08-18, 18:23

If you're a user of TST for PM, I recommend you install it from the official Pale Moon repository at https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/treestyletabforpm/. Doing so will allow you to update through the browser, rather than having to pay attention to my Github.
Toa-Nuva wrote:Middle-clicking (or Ctrl + left-clicking) on a link doesn't open the new tab as a child of the current tab (which I assume is one of the remaining minor bugs you mentioned), but right-click > "Open link in new tab" will have to do as a workaround for now.
Thank you for the report, this should be fixed in 0.0.4.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-08-18, 18:36

thank you so so much for your updates oinkoink, your fork of this great addon is a huge reason for many users choosing and sticking with Pale Moon, myself included.

i noticed a couple of bugs in TST's interactions with other addons:

- when the option "Open New Tab next to current one" in Tab Mix Plus (https://bitbucket.org/onemen/tabmixplus ... 0718a1.xpi) is selected, Ctrl-T to open new tab stops working

- when TST is enabled, the 'highlight grids in the scrollbar option" in Findbar Tweak (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/down ... .12-fx.xpi?) does not work.

both minor bugs i can live with, but would be SWELL if you can determine what causes them and apply the appropriate fixes :D

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2018-08-18, 20:32

oinkoink wrote:Thank you for the report, this should be fixed in 0.0.4.
That was quick! Again, thank you very much! Everything seems to be working perfectly for me now. :D

cirno

Unread post by cirno » 2018-08-20, 11:31

Some other menus are broken as well in PM28 with TST enabled:
"New Folder..."
"New Bookmark..."
"Properties" of bookmarks and folders

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-08-30, 15:56

got a couple of bugs to report as well, please come back oinkoink!

oinkoink

Unread post by oinkoink » 2018-08-31, 01:07

Please report bugs on my github: https://github.com/oinkin/treestyletab. Github wasn't sending me emails, but I've fixed that, so I will actually see them now.

I'm aware of, and care about, the bookmark issue, but I haven't had a chance to deal with it yet.

I will do what I can to deal with bugs that affect me and very critical bugs that don't, but for minor issues, unless I happen to come across the solution while dealing with something else, there's a pretty good chance they won't get fixed. In particular, bugs with non-Windows platforms and interactions with other extensions are an extremely low priority for me. My job keeps me busy and I am not a Javascript programmer by trade (nor desire). I remain open to pull requests. Emails for those have also been fixed so expect a better turnaround.
Last edited by oinkoink on 2018-08-31, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-01, 02:10

oinkoink wrote:I will do what I can to deal with bugs that affect me and very critical bugs that don't, but for minor issues, unless I happen to come across the solution while dealing with something else, there's a pretty good chance they won't get fixed. In particular, bugs with non-Windows platforms and interactions with other extensions are an extremely low priority for me.
totally. i'm trying to get some of the aforementioned issues resolved by the other extension makers, and will only file a bug report on your side when there's no other recourse

Takeshi

Unread post by Takeshi » 2018-11-16, 16:50

BIG BIG BIG thanks for Pale Moon update 28.2.1, because it solved this issue.

Tree Style Tab for Pale Moon 0.0.4 now seems to work fine with Pale Moon 28, wohoo! =)

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-11-17, 15:56

there's a TST 0.0.5 btw