Tab Utilities Phoenix Compatibility

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

stux2000
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Tab Utilities Phoenix Compatibility

Unread post by stux2000 » 2018-08-13, 02:17

My apologies if this is the wrong forum. I just now noticed that the Pale Moon UXP alpha/beta forum is now locked. I am making this post a continuation of my previous Tab Utilities Phoenix Compatibility post.

Okay, so once again I'd like to bring this topic to everyone's attention. So far I have been unable to resolve my issue with the tab twisty where it doesn't appear at all.

So far here is what I've found and have been able to determine:
  • As mentioned above, the tab twisty is defined in line 168 of the tabutils.xml file. Adding back lines 170-171 fixed the tab counter issue but not the tab twisty issue.
  • There are four(4) CSS files that define the look of the tab twisty: tabutils_fx4.css, tabutils_fx6.css, tabutils_fx45.css, and tabutils_mac.css.
  • I don't know how XUL knows what the right order is to run these CSS files, so I tried commenting out the above entries in tabutils_fx6.css thinking maybe they were running out of order, but that didn't make any difference. The twisty still didn't show up.
As far as I can tell, everything seems to be in order, but there is still a lot about XUL that I have yet to learn, so I have no idea if I'm missing something, nor do I know what tools and techniques I can use to figure out what isn't firing correctly. I also wonder if any of the failures in SECTIONs I-III are preventing the tab twisty from showing up (if so, how do I prove that?). Any help pointing me in the right direction would be most welcome.

-stux

stux2000
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Tab Utilities Phoenix Compatibility

Unread post by stux2000 » 2018-08-15, 12:48

I have posted an issue in github. I will be releasing TUP 2.1 as-is (with workaround notes) for the upcoming release of PM 28. I will continue working on the issue however I can.

Konrad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Konrad » 2018-12-09, 01:54

I only found out about Tab Utilities Phoenix a couple of weeks ago and it was a pleasant surprise. I really enjoy the extension, yet I face some issues with it.

1. TUP functions fine with the default (‘en-US’) ‘general.useragent.locale’ (though TUP’s ‘Options’ window opens with a noticeable delay in contrast to any other add-on). If I change ‘general.useragent.locale’ to ‘ru’ for the Russian language, Tab Utilities Phoenix stays up and running, but its options are not available any more: when trying to open TUP's ‘Options’ window I get a pop-up notification about some XML parsing error. It occurs with the Russian language pack either on or off.

After switching to the default ‘general.useragent.locale’, the ‘Options’ window can be opened as expected and the options are available again without any error notification.

2. Some additional menu items can be imported with the help of settings in the GitHub pages of the original add-on.
https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/wiki/_pages
https://github.com/ithinc/tabutils/wiki/How-to-add-a-custom-menuitem

I added ‘Open Link in Background/Foreground Tab’ and ‘Copy Tab Title’, the last named provides two options — ‘Copy Tab Title’ and ‘Copy Tab URL’.
Both ‘Open Link in Background Tab’ and ‘Open Link in Foreground Tab’ work fine. Unfortunately, neither ‘Copy Tab Title’ nor ‘Copy Tab URL’ actually copies anything.

In view of the above, please, advise me what should I do to get Tab Utilities Phoenix fully functional?

I appreciate your extra time here and thank you for considering my request.

[Pale Moon v28.2.2 x64 / Windows 8.1 x64]
Last edited by Konrad on 2018-12-09, 02:07, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-09, 10:00

for (1) this means that the localization inside the extension is incorrect and needs to either be disabled or fixed for Russian.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Konrad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Konrad » 2018-12-15, 13:03

Moonchild wrote:for (1) this means that the localization inside the extension is incorrect and needs to either be disabled or fixed for Russian.
Even with the Russian localization folder removed from the extension, I cannot open the TUP's ‘Options’ window if general.useragent.locale is not set to ‘en-US’. It’s a pity. Had to switch to Tab Mix Plus, though it is heavier on memory.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-12-15, 13:56

Konrad wrote:Even with the Russian localization folder removed from the extension, I cannot open the TUP's ‘Options’ window if general.useragent.locale is not set to ‘en-US’.
You can't just delete the folder while the locale itself is declared in the chrome.manifest. You need either remove this line from it:

Code: Select all

locale    tabutils   ru            chrome/locale/ru/
or add the missing string to the chrome/locale/ru/preferences.dtd:

<!ENTITY closeButtons.3.label "Только на панели">

Konrad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Konrad » 2018-12-18, 20:10

JustOff, thank you very much for your helpful advice!
If you could solve the issue with ‘Copy Tab Title’ and ‘Copy Tab URL’ options (especially “...URL”), it would be wonderful!

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-12-18, 21:55

Konrad wrote:If you could solve the issue with ‘Copy Tab Title’ and ‘Copy Tab URL’ options (especially “...URL”), it would be wonderful!
Try this one:

pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle", true);
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle.accesskey", "T");
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle.insertbefore", "context_copyTabURL");
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle.label", "Copy Tab Title");
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle.multiselected", "any");
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle.oncommand", "Cc['@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1'].getService(Ci.nsIClipboardHelper).copyString(gBrowser.selectedTab.label);");
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabURL", true);
pref("extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabURL.oncommand", "Cc['@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1'].getService(Ci.nsIClipboardHelper).copyString(gBrowser.selectedTab.linkedBrowser.currentURI.spec);");

Konrad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Konrad » 2018-12-19, 00:56

The strings of these two prefs were initially incorrect:
extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabTitle.oncommand
extensions.tabutils.menu.context_copyTabURL.oncommand

Thanks to your help, the commands are fit for purpose now. Great! The TUP is almost completely resurrected.
JustOff, you are real Khottabych! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Konrad on 2018-12-19, 05:24, edited 3 times in total.

alreadydone

Unread post by alreadydone » 2019-01-03, 04:53

Although I am able to select multiple tabs with this add-on, it seems impossible to move multiple tabs to another window at once. When I drag and drop, only one tab is moved. Tested on Pale Moon 27.9.4, Waterfox 56.2.5, and Basilisk 2018.12.18. On Pale Moon it's stranger: all selected tabs except the moved one will drop down to the bottom/end of the tab bar.

TMINY

Unread post by TMINY » 2019-04-30, 23:20

Happy to find and use this addon!

I am having an issue where the Bookmark All Tabs window is blank when TUP is enabled. Can you reproduce this on your end?

Konrad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Konrad » 2019-05-01, 02:12

TMINY wrote:
2019-04-30, 23:20
I am having an issue where the Bookmark All Tabs window is blank when TUP is enabled. Can you reproduce this on your end?
I get the same glitch.