Add-on compatibility with PM 28

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Add-on compatibility with PM 28

Unread post by nord1 » 2018-08-02, 13:53

nord1 wrote:
nord1 wrote:J
SimpleMail{2.91}.xpi

Just wanted to add that after some time using these extensions, that SimpleMail fails to retrieve email from GMail most of the time. Quite frustrating. I would prefer to have something like Thunderbird or even the old GMail notifier, but that is another story for another day.

Tks for listening.

N
Aha! Figured out SimpleMail and PaleMoon. IF you retrieve in plain text from GMail, it fails... it likes HTML, so I use SimpleMail to just grab headers and leave all messages on the server for retrieval later. (I am reevaluating SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, FossaMail, Pegasus and Foxmail.)

Tks for listening.

N
-N-
Framework, Windows 11 Pro, Basilisk, Panda Dome, MalwareBytesPremium, Scotty is On Patrol

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-08-02, 18:24

nord1 wrote:Just to chime in on this, I use PaleMoon 27.9.4 (32-bit) on Windows 10 Home (Dell tablet).

Right now, I am using the following extensions and hope to use them again with version 28. Some have been found in PaleMoon's extension site, some are loaded up from SeaMonkey or Firefox extensions.

ClassicPasswordEditor{1.0.3}.xpi
ClassicReload-Stop-GoButton{1.0.2}.xpi
CLEO{10.0}.xpi
DownloadsWindow{0.6.5}.xpi
FEBE{10.2}.xpi
ForecastfoxforPaleMoon{1.0.0}.xpi
GoogleTranslatorforPaleMoon{1.1.0}.xpi
Openaboutconfig{1.2}.xpi
PaleMoonCommander{2.0.2}.xpi
RestartBrowser{1.3.0}.xpi
SimpleMail{2.91}.xpi
TabMixPlus{0.5.0.4}.xpi
ToolbarButtons{1.1.1-signed.1-signed}.xpi

tks for listening.

N
FEBE: Any version is now dead in the water. It freezes at the end and does
not finish the save. Sadly, I cannot find any help on this issue.
Forecastfox (fix version) 2.4.8: Seems to work just fine.
Restart Browser 1.3.0: I don't use this particular add on but I do use Restart manager 2.03
and it works perfectly.
TabMixPlus 0.5.0.4: This particular version has some issues in PM 28 that have been fixed
in Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.5pre.180718a1 You can get this version here.
http://tabmixplus.org/support/viewpage. ... &p=0.5.0.5
Toolbar Buttons 1.1: works as it should as far as I can tell.

Those are the one's I have and can confirm work. Many thanks to TMP for taking the time
to fix the issues and make it work with PM 28. :thumbup: :clap:

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2018-08-02, 18:42

Thehandyman1957 wrote:FEBE: Any version is now dead in the water. It freezes at the end and does
v10.2 is still working fine here on Windows 8.1 / PM b5 64bit

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-08-02, 18:57

Falna wrote:
Thehandyman1957 wrote:FEBE: Any version is now dead in the water. It freezes at the end and does
v10.2 is still working fine here on Windows 8.1 / PM b5 64bit
Saaaweeeet! :mrgreen: Thank you for that update. I had given up on FEBE since
I did not know about them making it work with PM. Good to know. ;)

LAR Grizzly
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by LAR Grizzly » 2018-08-02, 19:16

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Forecastfox (fix version) 2.4.8: Seems to work just fine.
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/forecastfox-pm/
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-02, 20:07

cyberreine wrote:1) Lazarus , a program that will recover anything I write while in the browser--this has saved my bacon more times than I want to count. I think it is no longer supported or updated (I'm using version 2.3.1), and I know of no similar program.
Lazarus alternative: Textarea Cache. I'm not sure if it recovers forms, but seems faster than Lazarus.
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-08-02, 20:16, edited 3 times in total.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-08-02, 22:09

cyberreine wrote:I make moderate use of add-ons, but there are two I regard as indispensable:
1) Lazarus , a program that will recover anything I write while in the browser--this has saved my bacon more times than I want to count. I think it is no longer supported or updated (I'm using version 2.3.1), and I know of no similar program.
2) Linkman, a superb bookmark program that I moved to when Powermarks reached end-of-life. I have literally thousands of bookmarks, any of which I can find in about 1 second. I'm using version 8.98.01.

I frankly can't imagine being without either of them. My question, obviously, ... will they be compatible with Pale Moon 28.
A legacy LinkmanFox addon, for Firefox below version 56 and the Palemoon browser, is available from Outertech (http://www.outertech.de/files/legacy/LinkmanFox.xpi or https://www.outertech.com/en/firefox-bookmark-manager). Right-click this xpi link and select Save Link As in order to save the LinkmanFox.xpi file to your desktop (for later installation). The add-on is apparently compatible with Firefox 3.5 through Firefox 55.*. So it's very likely compatible with Pale Moon 28 as well. The LinkmanFox add-on you currently have installed on Pale Moon 27 is probably identical. So when you update from Pale Moon 27 to Pale Moon 28, Linkman should continue to work just fine.

An update to the external Linkman program itself, Linkman Lite version 8.98.5 (or the Linkman Pro version 8.99.9), is also available from Outertech.

The Lazarus: Form Recovery add-on is still listed at AMO, and as working with Firefox 3.0 - 56.*. So, this add-on will likely be compatible with Pale Moon 28, as well.

Tohuwabohuix

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2018-08-17, 22:33

Falna wrote:...Element Properties 10 - was incompatible...
Same for me, but it works now :thumbup:
Extract the file install.rdf from properties@darktrojan.net.xpi and change the line
<em:strictCompatibility>true</em:strictCompatibility>
to
<em:strictCompatibility>false</em:strictCompatibility>
an then copy
install.rdf back into properties@darktrojan.net.xpi
Last edited by Tohuwabohuix on 2018-08-17, 22:42, edited 2 times in total.

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2018-08-20, 02:55

Belated thanks to back2themoon for information about Textarea Cache. I stopped worrying about Lazarus in July when Thehandyman1957 reported that he had it working on PM 28. Still, I'm very pleased to know of the existence of Textarea Cache. I plan to use Lazarus for as long as I can, but I'm relieved to know that there's another add-on that I can turn to if need be.

Belated thanks too to riiis for the reassuring info about Linkman. Lazarus and Linkman are the two add-ons I consider indispensable, and I'm delighted that both of them will very likely work on PM 28. (And yes, I know that PM 28 has very recently been released, but I think I'll stay with the most recent version of PM 27 for a little while longer until the dust settles.)
PM 29.1.1(32-bit) on Win10 Professional 64-bit

brianhuahin

Unread post by brianhuahin » 2018-08-20, 11:04

Hi
On upgrade to V 28.0.0 the addon/extension "Wired Marker" is now not working.
I have searched for a replacement with the facility to remember marks when the Web page is closed but to no avail.
Any help with a substitute or how to get the author to solve the issue would be appreciated.

Regard
Brian

brianhuahin

Unread post by brianhuahin » 2018-08-23, 03:52

Its easier to paste the recent dialog that to compose an edited version
Short for problem solved!!.
Hi Isamu

Thanks for the speedy response.
I should have followed your advice earlier but had a geriatric moment.
Did as you suggest and you are correct the extension “Internote 3.0.2.1”, the latest issue available does conflict…
On removal your most valuable extension works as before.
thanks for all your help.
I will see if I can find an alternative to Internote.
I will leave up to you as to whether you want to add these findings to your web page.

Regards
Bria
Sent: 23 August 2018 09:03
To: 'Brian Clague'
Subject: RE: Palemoon issue

Dear Brian,

Thank you for using Wired-Marker, and we are sorry for the inconveniences you may have.
My name is Isamu MUTO and I work at BITS Co., Ltd. (developer company of Wired-Marker)

I could add new highlights on palemoon v28.0.0.
So, some of other extensions may conflict with Wired-Marker.

If possible, would you disable extensions except for Wired-Marker and restart the browser and check if you can add highlights ?

Best Regards,
Isamu MUTO
---------------------------------------------------------------
BITS Co., Ltd.(http://www.bits.cc/en)
Isamu MUTO (wiredmarker@bits.cc)
Wired-Marker(http://www.wired-marker.org/en/)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:29 AM
To: wiredmarker@bits.cc
Subject: Palemoon issue

Hi
I have used Wiredmarker for many years on the Palemoon browser.
There has been an update from 27.9.4 to 28.0.0 and the add-on has now stopped working.
I can see the highlights from existing pages but cannot add any new ones.

Is possible for you to investigate and make this invaluable add-on work again?

Regards
Brian

TTwrs1

Unread post by TTwrs1 » 2018-08-23, 19:36

The add-on 'Flat Bookmarks' no longer works in PM 28. Consequently none of my bookmarks show. Is there a way to get this extension working again? I desperately need it. The latest version that WAS working before the PM upgrade was 1.11.1-signed.

As an alternative, is there way to roll back to the last pre-28 version in Linux if it no longer appears in the MX Linux repository?

LAR Grizzly
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by LAR Grizzly » 2018-08-23, 19:51

TTwrs1 wrote:As an alternative, is there way to roll back to the last pre-28 version in Linux if it no longer appears in the MX Linux repository?
Older versions:

ftp://palemoon:get@archive.palemoon.org/27.x/27.9.4/
Last edited by LAR Grizzly on 2018-08-23, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2

TTwrs1

Unread post by TTwrs1 » 2018-08-23, 20:02

Thanks, LAR Grizzly. That will help if PM 28 can't be fixed to (re)support the extension which, of course, is preferable. I'll need to figure out to actually 'install' the older version over the newer version (I'm a recovering Windows user converting to Linux).

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-08-23, 21:13

TTwrs1 wrote:The add-on 'Flat Bookmarks' no longer works in PM 28.
Is seems that Flat Bookmarks 1.15 works just fine.

PS: It's better to start a separate topic for each add-on (use search before this!) or you are risking you question will be simply missed.
Last edited by JustOff on 2018-08-23, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

tuxman

Unread post by tuxman » 2018-08-23, 21:53

I have successfully tested OpenDownload² with Pale Moon 28. I bumped the versions in the XPI file and I hope that I'll find the time to update the PM listing before October.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2018-08-23, 22:21

JustOff wrote:
TTwrs1 wrote:The add-on 'Flat Bookmarks' no longer works in PM 28.
Is seems that Flat Bookmarks 1.15 works just fine.
Note that if you try to install Flat Bookmarks Version 1.15 directly from AMO, you will get the following warning and the installation will fail:
This add-on requires a newer version of Firefox (at least version 38.0). You are using Firefox 27.0.
As a workaround, right-click the "+ Add to Firefox" button. Select "Save Link As ..." from the context menu.Then install "Flat Bookmarks Version 1.15", in Pale Moon 28, from the downloaded Flat Bookmarks "xpi" file.

You might also want to consider 2 Pane Bookmarks Version 1.0.2016020701. 2 Pane Bookmarks appears to address the same problem as Flat Bookmarks does, but in a very different way. 2 Pane Bookmarks must also be installed in PM 28 from file, and not directly from AMO.

TTwrs1

Unread post by TTwrs1 » 2018-08-23, 23:33

Many thanks, JustOff and riiis. 1.15 did the job. I'm up and running once again... :thumbup:
Thanks for the 'new topic' tip, JustOff.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2018-09-04, 21:02

Sartorix wrote:
Falna wrote:...Element Properties 10 - was incompatible...
Same for me, but it works now :thumbup:
Extract the file install.rdf from properties@darktrojan.net.xpi and change the line
<em:strictCompatibility>true</em:strictCompatibility>
to
<em:strictCompatibility>false</em:strictCompatibility>
an then copy
install.rdf back into properties@darktrojan.net.xpi
Thankyou for that useful bit of information, element properties is working again!
My skills technical & otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB.NET, VB6, PHP, Javascript. Graphic Design, Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since 1985. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.