Simple Timer plus Clocks for Pale Moon

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

zzz242
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Simple Timer plus Clocks for Pale Moon

Unread post by zzz242 » 2018-07-06, 07:28

I noticed in the thread Simple timer toolbar clock that other people have been looking for a version of Simple Timer that works with PM 27, especially since there doesn't appear to be anything equivalent among the FF extensions. Instructions were given on how to make Simple Timer 1.13 work with PM 27, but that's is a very old version of that extension, and I was unable to find a copy of it.

Instead, I found an even older copy of this extension, Simple Timer+Clocks (version 1.4.1), and I was able to get this to a point where it works perfectly when loaded with the Moon Tester Tool. (That's the version linked above.) This version can be set to automatically start with the browser. It can optionally show the current time as well, and the timer can be set to show the total time since the start of the current browsing session, the day's total browsing time, or both. It can also be reset and used as a simple count-up timer. Here are just a couple of the possibilities; the first image shows the optional tooltip. Note that the 'C' (for "current browsing session") is optional.
And here's a version with a clock included. You can choose different clock formats, and include the day and date if you want.
Last edited by zzz242 on 2018-07-06, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Simple Timer plus Clocks for Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-06, 08:53

Once again a reminder that the Moon Tester Tool is only meant as a development aid and should not summarily be used as a crutch to make incompatible extensions work for everyone. Use it as a development aid, then based on your experiences with the tester tool, adapt the extension so it can run without the tester tool.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite