SearchLoad Options Revived performance different in PMv28.0.0a4

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

SearchLoad Options Revived performance different in PMv28.0.0a4

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-06-13, 06:20

The SearchLoad Options Revived 0.7.4.2 add-on used to open the search page in the same new tab that had focus using these settings:
searchload options add-on.png
... But now since updating to Pale Moon Version 28.0.0a4 the search opens the search page in another new tab next to the new tab that formerly had focus instead of before this in pre-alpha PM v27.9.2 remaining on that same tab that formerly had focus that had been opened "new".
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-06-13, 16:02, edited 3 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Thehandyman1957

Re: SearchLoad Options Revived performance different in PMv28.0.0a4

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-07-02, 16:25

I also have had problems with this add on. If I have "open in new forground tab" selected, the bar will not
revert back to the default search engine. It will clear the search though.

But if I select "active tab" it will clear both the search and also revert to the default search engine.

I tried all sorts of different ways but could not get it to work properly.

It seems that this add on was only supported to PM 26 and worked fine in PM 27. Antonius32 has been MIA for some time from
what I can gather. His last time here was, Last active: Thu May 10, 2018 11:19 am :think:

So I don't know if this will get fixed any time soon. :coffee:

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-07-02, 17:02

I'm having problems with the left options (Clear/Reset) on PM 28 beta 2. Sometimes they seem to work, but usually they don't.
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-07-02, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-02, 17:10

With my settings the search bar seems to get reset back to the default search engine and the search text does get cleared as well -- so as far as I can tell that's not my problem.

My issue is the "Exceptions for new tabs" settings don't seem to work the same as before.

With the settings as illustrated in my previous screen-shot -- that is with "Blank tab" and "New Tab page" selected (checked) I would get the desired result as described below (which is not the case for v28)

Previously if I had opened a "new" blank tab (my blank tabs open with Speed Dial) and do a search in that "new" opened tab the search used to get done in that same tab.

Now no matter what the "search" will always open in a new tab where the search results gets rendered.

My goal (which is what the add-on used to do) for the search results to get rendered in a new tab if I am NOT on a "new" tab (including Speed Dial) that I just opened but if I am on a "new" tab (including Speed Dial) that I just opened (in other words a tab I was using for something and not just a "new" just opened tab) but if I WAS on a "new" tab that I just opened (including Speed Dial) then the search will open in that same "new" tab that I had just opened.

This is the way it used to work as described in the previous line -- but now searches will always open in a new tab for all situations no matter what (which is not what I want and not what used to happen).

I read over my previous post and I realized I didn't make it very clear what I was trying to say. :D (I know the description above is perhaps complicated but the detail is needed to be specific in order to fully clarify the difference that now occurs as compared to the desirable results that used to occur in the 27 Pale Moon builds).
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-02, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-07-02, 17:24

back2themoon wrote:I'm having problems with the left options (Clear/Reset) on PM 28 beta 2. Sometimes they seem to work, but usually they don't.
Hmm, seems similar in some ways to Thehandyman57 as well....

I just did TWO tests by changing search engines and doing a search and with these settings:
these searchbar settings.png
--- BOTH times the results were as they should be -- BOTH tests resulted in the search bar getting set back to my default search engine and the search text was cleared from the search bar right on time (just under six minutes).

So I don't seem to have this same issue -- my issue is the other settings as previously described as far as under what conditions a new page will get opened for the search results based on my "Tabs" section settings for the add-on (right-side of settings options interface). I didn't used to always get a new tab created in all cases when doing a search -- it used to be that if I opened a new tab that the search would then remain in that new opened tab. Now all searches open in a new tab no matter what.... :thumbdown:
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-07-02, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.