NoSquint Thread

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: NoSquint Thread

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-01-08, 10:32

Playback control disappearing elements issue remains on certain occasions.

Example here

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-08, 13:44

I get the same result as you do. Even with NoSquint disabled, no controls.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.2.2 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-01-08, 13:47

Night Wing wrote:I get the same result as you do. Even with NoSquint disabled, no controls.
Then your issue must be caused by something else, because it works here. Did you restart Pale Moon after disabling NoSquint?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-08, 14:37

back2themoon wrote:Then your issue must be caused by something else, because it works here. Did you restart Pale Moon after disabling NoSquint?
No, I didn't restart Pale Moon after disabling NoSquint. But I will know and see what happens.

After disabling NoSquint (again) and restarting Pale Moon, the results are still the same. No controls in the sample video you posted.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2019-01-09, 06:09

You can use Zoom Page 15.8 wich I use it for a long time and still works great.
Download from here: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id ... uxp_addons
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-01-09, 09:40

Always found Zoom Page confusing and hated it every time. I might give it another try.

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2019-01-09, 10:18

back2themoon wrote:Always found Zoom Page confusing and hated it every time. I might give it another try.
Why is confusing? It's a very good addon, you can adjust default zoom level with fine tuning(steps) (1%).
You can set/define zoom in/out steps how you wish.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-01-10, 07:07

Knight Wing wrote:I get the same result as you do. Even with NoSquint disabled, no controls.
You have actually hovered the video, right?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-01-10, 07:15

Playback control <with NoSquint installed>

Example here
Confirmed.
NoSquint is affecting things.

Oh, babbling now...

Without NoSquint, you're presented with a "raw" (browser built-in) player, which does have controls.
With NoSquint installed, that changes, & I'm seeing something like, <video autoplay="" controls=""></video>.
Now not that I know what that means, but the controls="" gives me pause ;-).
(Seemingly if controls were there it would say something like, controls="true"?
But then that may not actually matter?
I'm really out of my element here.
In the "raw" player, I'm seeing chrome://.../videocontrols.xml being loaded.
With NoSquint I am not.)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-10, 13:51

therube wrote:
Knight Wing wrote:I get the same result as you do. Even with NoSquint disabled, no controls.
You have actually hovered the video, right?
Even after hovering over the video. Just the streaming motion picture video and sound. No controls underneath the video.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2019-05-03, 13:22

I am looking either for a configuration setting or version of NoSquint, or another add-on who could do what I'd like. I currently have NoSquint 2.2.2 and I am happily using it to set per-site zooms (although I generally stay at 130%). Only occasionally I use its color setting temporarily for sites which are too dark to be legible.

Now, my institute site recently changed from handwritten 1993-2008 HTML to a wordpress-generate theme. Now such theme is too dark or less contrasted for me (it has default text in light gray over dark background with links in azure with occasional text and paragraphs in other fore- and background colours). Now, if I use NoSquint to set text colour (e.g. to black), bkg colour (e.g. to white or light gray) and link colour to something else, it applies the new colour unconditionally to all text including the one with explicit colours.

I'd like instead to replace the default (undeclared ? default CSS ?) text and bkg, but respect the colours different from default. Is it possible ?

(as a fallback, I am currently keeping the light gray over dark theme, but changed links in NoSquint to something yellowish, which is at least legible over dark background at any angle)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-05-03, 17:30

URL to the site?

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2019-05-03, 18:18

You might give JustOff's Advanced Night Mode a try. It will not interfere with the NoSquint zoom levels but it will override the NoSquint color settings.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2019-05-06, 13:58

I "tried" but apparently it interferes with something else, everything was terribly slowed down. Also I found installed two addons I never installed and did not even know what they were (Valence 0.3.8 and ABD helper) ... quite worrying. Removed all that.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-07-03, 04:03

After update to 28.6
Ошибка: DEPRECATION WARNING: FUEL is deprecated, you should use the standard Toolkit API instead.
You may find more details about this deprecation at: https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP/issues/1083
Callstack:
resource://app/components/fuelApplication.js 1459 Application
resource://app/components/fuelApplication.js 726 af_ci
chrome://nosquint/content/lib.js 11 null
chrome://nosquint/content/lib.js 1 null

Источник: resource://gre/modules/Deprecated.jsm
Строка: 85
But extension seems works fine

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-03, 04:55

Fedor2 wrote:
2019-07-03, 04:03
But extension seems works fine
For now. But you really should stop using FUEL -- it may be removed in the near future. Change it to standard toolkit API calls to make the warning go away and futureproof the extension.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-03, 04:58

Dropping FUEL will also allow for the potential of Basilisk compatibility or even eventual Borealis compatibility. This is the whole point of the toolkit. FUEL was simply a failed mozilla idea that was abandoned for other things that were abandoned for other things that was all abandoned for something totally different and restrictive.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2020-01-16, 10:21

NoSquint 2.2.2 on PM 28.2.2, set at text zoom level 130%, since this morning started showing some garbled text on google search pages
temp.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-16, 14:00

Before you do anything UPDATE TO 28.8.1. As in, stop what you are doing and update.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: NoSquint Thread and migration to 28.8.1

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2020-01-17, 16:42

It took me a while to find the time (I upgrade rarely and before I do back up my profile and make a list of every preference and plugin and so on) but now I am happily (sort of) on 28.8.1 (Linux 64bit). So I can tell
  • about Nosquint and google search, I still get the same behaviour as yesterday, more precisely with Nosquint at my default zoom 130% some entries appear garbled ... it looks like they have an arrow menu "cache copy" on the side ... at zoom 100% they look ok and there is no menu. Of course I am not blaming palemoon ...
  • When I say "sort of happy" actually everything else looks fine now (restored my old session with session manager) and I presume most of my configuration has been recovered. I have a doubt on three preferences, and I got a couple of error messages at startup (with my old profile, none when I did a first check as user root, which I never use), namely
  • In View>PageStyle now it appears to be set to "basic page style" I am not sure it was the same before (anyhow looks harmless)
  • Actually I was sort of worried because View>Character Encoding now showed Western instead of Unicode but later I realized it is page dependent
  • In Preferences>Security the Enable HPKP is now unticked and was ticked before (I do not even know what it is
  • at startup a popup appeared then disappeared. On the terminal console there were two error messages ... a "Promise" one and one which looks NoSquint-related, I attach a text file ... anyhow NoSquint seems to work fine on any other page but Google's
Attachments
palemoon.startup.errors.txt
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 20 times